Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone...
I am thinking of ordering a Clearview Windshield for my 2010 650 Executive. My question is - how difficult is it to replace the stock one? I have approx. 4 thumbs :)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Can you use a Phillips screwdriver? ;)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Okay, not hard to do. But one trick you must remember... When reinstalling the four rubber grommets back into the new shield, MAKE SURE to put their expansion screws in first. You will NEVER get then back through the holes without the screws in place, they just mushroom out and won't go in. The screws keep them from mushrooming, and you can just pop them right in.

If you're tempted to pick up a hammer at any point in the installation process, you're doing it wrong. Don't ask me how I know.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Just be patient with the CLearview - I found it was not quite as bang on for the holes as the Givi.

You do need to deal with the grommets. A helper might actually help :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, not hard to do. But one trick you must remember... When reinstalling the four rubber grommets back into the new shield, MAKE SURE to put their expansion screws in first. You will NEVER get then back through the holes without the screws in place, they just mushroom out and won't go in. The screws keep them from mushrooming, and you can just pop them right in.

If you're tempted to pick up a hammer at any point in the installation process, you're doing it wrong. Don't ask me how I know.
Thanks for the tip - I will keep el hammer out of sight!:clown:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just be patient with the CLearview - I found it was not quite as bang on for the holes as the Givi.

You do need to deal with the grommets. A helper might actually help :D
Thanks for the advice - luckily my next door neighbor is a retired auto mechanic and I am not too proud to yell for help!!!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I found the instructions a bit sparse tho of course they made sense AFTER the fact. :rolleyes:

The issue I had was getting the bolts in all together....had to flex the shield a bit
Been perfect ever since.
Great screen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts