Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Continuing improvement on the Burg. Got the wheels back from the powder coater yesterday and finally got it back together. New Formosa 2 darkside on the rear, all new SKF bearings and seals all around. Had a bit of a problem once I got it all together. Bike wouldn't start! Tried all the things mentioned in the forum to no avail, switches, side stand, fuses, all of it. I finally took the bike off of the center stand and it started immediately! Whats up with that?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I love the wheels , they really pop . That said the bike itself needs some graphics .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wow, love the color!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need some ideas! Let me know what you all think might look good.

That said the bike itself needs some graphics .

TheReaper![/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I was asked the same thing recently , what I told him is first you need a direction or a theme . Do you want a race look , a more sophisticated subtle look etc. etc. ? Do you think you would like some thing like this in a different color ? http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADESIVI-GRAFICA-RACING-SUZUKI-BURGMAN-650-STICKERS-CARENA-ARGE-ADESIVO-2005-2014-/271597928396?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_101&hash=item3f3c7f7fcc

I need some ideas! Let me know what you all think might look good.

That said the bike itself needs some graphics .

TheReaper!
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I'm not much of a bling kind of guy, but I gotta admit, those power coated wheels are sweet. My matte gray with black wheels could use some pop.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Continuing improvement on the Burg. Got the wheels back from the powder coater yesterday and finally got it back together. New Formosa 2 darkside on the rear, all new SKF bearings and seals all around. Had a bit of a problem once I got it all together. Bike wouldn't start! Tried all the things mentioned in the forum to no avail, switches, side stand, fuses, all of it. I finally took the bike off of the center stand and it started immediately! Whats up with that?
I think it looks great! I'm a yellow fan too.
The non-start was probably a stuck plunger on the side stand. When it dropped off the stand it popped open. Just cycling the side stand sometimes will not allow the safety switch to disconnect if it's too dry. Lube that puppy up.
Again the yellow wheels really set your Burg off.......Mike

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Bike not starting. I had checked the side stand switch and it wasn't the problem. Doesn't the bike have a switch that turns off the bike when it is laid down or an unusual angle? When I had the wheels off I had jacked it up and it had been tilted back some, could that have activated that switch? On the wiring diagrams it shows a switch right next to the side stand switch and it called a center stand switch, what does it do?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Can't help with the no-start, but I like the color and wheels.I'd keep it pretty simple with maybe just some minor reflective pin striping in a contrasting color. looking good!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Starting problem ?

Are you 100% sure your side stand switch was not stuck in the closed position ? It sounds to me like it was and when you took it off the center stand it popped out ? I would take another look at it and lube it up .If it happens again and it's not the stand switch check the wire connectors there and the kill switch .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you 100% sure your side stand switch was not stuck in the closed position ? It sounds to me like it was and when you took it off the center stand it popped out ? I would take another look at it and lube it up .If it happens again and it's not the stand switch check the wire connectors there and the kill switch .

TheReaper!
If side stand is engaged the bike will not turn over. That was not the case, engine turned over normal, just no firing of engine. I had cleaned the switch and it was functioning normally.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I doubt the roll over valve would have engaged unless the bike was laid on it's side. It is just a gravity valve that stops the gas from flowing from the tank if you drop the bike or crash.
I thought when you said the bike would not start that it would not turn over. Probably just a dry FI circuit. Sometimes takes quite awhile to get the FI to bleed all the air out.

·
Registered
630 Posts
A Burger with mustard! Nice, I like. Isn't there also a centrestand safety switch in addition to the sidestand one? Maybe I'm thinking of another bike.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Perhaps this will start a new trend in the wheel department me thinks. Have yet to put mine back on as I need some stainless hardware for the abs rings. Which, for those with execs, having the rings chrome plated adds a little something different.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I agree, looks nice. Just needs "a lil something extra" now. I'm not a big "cover it with graphics guy", (even though I make graphics, go figure), but a little can go along way.

If not graphics, some nice chrome emblems.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts