Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I pick up 'Arnie' my new AN650 on March 2.
Having owned 40+ bikes over the years, I discovered maxiscooters in 2003 and since then have owned a SilverWing and two Piaggio X9 500s.

I'm a big man (6'7'' tall, 230 lbs) so am looking forward to the extra load-lugging capability that Arnie offers.

I did a 2100 mile round-Britain tour, two-up, in October on the Piaggio X9 Evo 500. Superb comfort, performance, economy and practicality but it put too much of a strain on the X9.

Arnie should fit the bill nicely!

It's good to be here.

:)

·
Registered
925 Posts
Keith, welcome to the group and congrats on your new 650 8)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Welcome Keith :hello2:

You're a real scooter guy. How do you like the Piaggio X9 500? I'm sure you will love the new Burgman. That's what I drive.

Open the General Discussion section and scroll down to the "What's Your Burgman's Name" and list ARNIE there. You will find some interesting other names.

Janine :)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Keith and welcome to the forum. I will be looking forward to reading about your thoughts on the difference between the machines you have owned compared to your new ride.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Welcome to the group and congratulations on the purchase of your 650.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Welcome Chiefy! :hello2:

Congrats on the purchase and also on joining the forum.

Whereabouts in Hampshire - we could hook up if you like - I am actually about 8 miles north of Portsmouth and just a mile or so from J2 of the A3M.

So whats the story behind the forum handle then?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Keith. Glad to have you join us. Congratulations on the new Burgman 650. Look forward to hearing your comparison of the 650 to the other maxi-scoots you've owned.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome Chief.......

As with the others, it will be interesting to hear your comments on the contrast between Arnie and the others you have owned. I'm especially interested in your one-up comparisons. My wife is an Anglophile and was able to visit London and Paris for the first time last year.... I'm surprised I got her back :wink: she loved it so much.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome!!!

Glad to have you join the forums!

Looking forward to hearing about your new 650.

Susan

·
Registered
497 Posts
Welcome!
We will be looking forward to insightful comments an experienced rider such as youself have to contribute. I hope you post your opinions of the X9 and Silverwing in the 'All Others' thread.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the warm welcome, folks!

After just a few day here, I'm beginning to feel at home and am enjoying the site. It'll take ages to trawl all of the threads on this site but that's my intention ... at least until I take delivery of Arnie. :wink:

Ride safe!
:)

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Welcome Keith. And a cool Moto Guzzi too! Lucky You!
VR,
Pete

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, Pete.

Here's a picture of the Guzzi:
It sounds gorgeous - a big, lazy single-lung thumper with an exhaust note to die for. That sprung saddle is fabulously comfortable, too!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Very cool ride, Keith! 8)

Steve

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I've been a member of this illustrious club for quite a while, now, but still no Burger :(

The latest delivery date, I'm now told, is Friday March 4th.

This waiting lark is no fun and is definitely not recommended.

:cry:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
chiefkeefe said:
Well, I've been a member of this illustrious club for quite a while, now, but still no Burger :(

snip:
No you have not! A week may be a long time in politics but it ain't nothing compared to waiting for your new Burger!! :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts