Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 650 with a Givi top box. I usually store my helmet in the box when away from the bike. The helmet hanger device on the Burg is very awkward to use and I don't know anyone who uses it. It was designed for a helmet with a "D" ring strap.

I purchased a small "S" shaped snap shackle at Ace hardware. It is stainless steel and was originally designed for use as a key ring. In fact I use a larger one on my belt loop for my keys! When you clip the snap shackle in place on the hanger device (I don't know how else to describe it) all you have to do is clip on your helmet to the shackle and you're done. When you close the seat the shackle and "D" ring is hidden. I think it was about $2.50. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I actually use the stock helmet hanger quite a bit.
But that is an excellent idea to make it much more user friendly.
Thanks! :cheers:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yes, excellent idea. I shall be visiting my local hardware store the weekend.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey, Marv. Not quite sure I get it. How about a photo, please.
Thanks!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, Marv. Not quite sure I get it. How about a photo, please.
Thanks!
Sorry, I don't have the ability to send a photo. Just go to the key department of any Ace Hardware store and look at the key chains. It really is an "S" shape with two spring loaded keepers one on each end. It is similar to what climbers use but a lot smaller. My large one I use for my keys is stamped "NOT FOR CLIMBING".

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Although I almost never leave my helmets hanging there for security reasons, is this what you're talking about?

or this one:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Helmet Hanger

Sorry, I don't have the ability to send a photo. Just go to the key department of any Ace Hardware store and look at the key chains. It really is an "S" shape with two spring loaded keepers one on each end. It is similar to what climbers use but a lot smaller. My large one I use for my keys is stamped "NOT FOR CLIMBING".
I found the part on the internet. Just put nite ize in the search box.

Nite Ize S-BINER IN STAINLESS STEEL #2 SIZE $2.39

·
Registered
71 Posts
I wasn't able to find the hook at my local ACE store, but I did find it at the Academy Sports & Outdoors store here in Nashville. It was in the rope climbing and camping supplies section. The part is S-Biner Size 2 STA / 22642854 and it sold for $1.99 each .

Dan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts