Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://shop.hostettler.de/productdetails.aspx?id=393&itemno=X92265-800-00

I have sent to Germany for one of these 25 litre bags and will let you all know how good/bad it is when it arrives in a few days. It is nearly half the price of a same-size Givi. My present Givi (T496) at 12 litres is too small for my needs and, should the new one be okay, will be for sale shortly.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Tank bags of this type can be bought for $25 so there is not much reason to pay a huge amount more for the same size bag just because its called a Scooter Bag. This has to be a high profit margin product for Givi.

Call me skeptical for a tunnel bag's limiting easy rider mounting access and potential vent access.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Call me skeptical for a tunnel bag's limiting easy rider mounting access and potential vent access.
I don't understand the 'potential vent access' bit, but I find the tunnel bag very useful for holding all my important travel documents in one place and easily reachable pockets for passport , toll money, etc. Also, I use it for carrying a T-shirt, trousers, shoes and toilet bag for overnighting on the Hull to Zeebrugge north sea ferry for my European trips, so I don't have to negotiate the ferry's narrow passages with my main luggage, which I leave strapped on the bike down below in the ship. Mounting the bike is restricted but I manage okay.

·
Premium Member
11,295 Posts
I use a tunnel bag for exactly the same reason as Peelbrow. Whenever on tour and I am walking away from the bike the tunnel bag goes with me - it has all my valuables/documentation etc. I would not be without it.

It is also my Bike to Bike radio (Kenwood) mount, zip tied into one of the side pockets.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Warm air exit from there, not enter in, with GIVI T435 there still air that exit there as not fully block, assume about same with other tunnel bag, if completely block warm air exit elsewhere from under or side of bike. Not see any problem with tunnel bag install there.

When riding vortex be created and vortex suck warm air out from under bike naturally.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Info for the Brits: My 12 litre Tunnel Bag in now up for bids on EBay: item number: 121414618126. heading: Givi Scooter Tunnel Bag.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://shop.hostettler.de/productdet...=X92265-800-00

I have now received this 25-litre tunnel bag (5 days shipping from Germany to GB) and I am very pleased with it. It comes with velcro fittings which, if you don't use them velcro neatly out-of-sight underneath the bag. I threaded a short length of 20mm wide webbing through the already provided sewn-in width-wide fabric 'tunnel' on the base and fitted a click connector to each end which lock into mating click sockets self-tappered to each side of the maintenance cowl. (note: two connectors for this are already provided but I found them to be a bit too hard to release with my arthritic fingers hence the mod) Unlike the Givi T496, this bag has a see-through pocket on top. It is most definately a very good buy and fits the 650 with no problems.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't get the "vent" either. Thanks for sharing your new find, another option for all of us.
Safe riding.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts