Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Nice to be here as a new member of your group. I was reading some of the post prior to registering and you seem like a helpful bunch of folks with a pretty good attitude. I hail from the western suburbs of that great mid-western metropolis known as Chicago and just purchased my first Burgman, it's a 2005 400 with 5500 miles.

This scooter was owned by an older gentleman and he had no records/documentation of what he had done maintenance-wise with the unit. I am looking for what is the better shop manual for this scooter and where it can be found? Are there any secrets, tips, recommendation of special tools, techniques etc that will aid in the removal of what some of you refer to as "Tupperware"? (Haven't really looked too close as I just got the unit in the garage late last night.) I'm also interested in getting opinions of what everyone here would do with a scooter of this age and mileage that has an unknown service history.

Seeking (some of your) knowledge and experience,
Js

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You have found the right place for good info on your "new" scooter, allot of good people hear to help when you need it. You may like to put your location in your profile so after this post gets lost everyone will still know where you are from.
First I would change the oil & filter. Give a good look at the tires. I'm sure others will chime in with more.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Welcome, there are a bunch of great folks and very helpful too. You have the same year 400 that I have, I hope you enjoy it! :thumbup:
I would agree on changing the engine oil and filter, if it has been sitting for a while you may want to consider bleeding the brakes to get fresh fluid in there.

Have fun with it and ride safe!

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Welcome Jimmyscoots...
spent my high school years in Bensenville...
I guess everything from Elmhurst to Wheaton
can be considered a western 'burb.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Hi there, jimmyscoots! Welcome to a great forum with super folks!

I was born and raised until college age there in LaGrange. Went on to ISU and the UofI, then headed out west for good. :D

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from the Heart of America-Kansas City! JC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts