Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lance, USN(Ret.), Portland, OR. I had a 1995 BMW GS1100 all decked out for going round the world, 11 gallon tank, Jesse cases, all the goodies to make $24K out the door. But, due to Navy knee injuries it became too painful to ride it more than an hour. My solution was a 1987 Honda Elite, and the seating position worked. Then a 2005 Honda Reflex, which I liked but was down on power. Now it is a 2009 Burgman 400, 6,600 miles. Bought it from the original owner, who rode it two years then laid it down on the right side and scratched it up pretty good, but since it is silver it isn't terribly obvious. He parked it two years till last week, when he sold it to me. I am very pleased with it, except for the terrible back pain after an hour or so. I need a backrest. Any suggestions? If I can't beat it I'll need to sell it and find something else.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Amazon.com: Airhawk Medium Cruiser Pad - 14.25in x 15in , Size: Md AH2MED: Automotive

http://www.3brothersperformance.com/

These two products will get you fixed right up in the seat department.

I personally love my butt bumper extension from 3 brothers. But there are several on the market. Comb the search engine for back rests or butt bumper extension. Lots of discussions and opinions on them.

And the Airhawk is a just a life saver. Most comfortable pad out there IMHO. You can easily ride all day on it. The stock seat suck$ for the most part, and short of getting a custom seat, the Airhawk is a great inexpensive alternative. The secret is to adjust it so there's just enough air to get your bottom off the seat. Don't blow it up too much.

If you primarily ride one up and don't need a ton of power, I think the 400 will serve your needs. I've had mine for eight years and it's the best bike I've ever owned. It just needs a couple mods and whola! Fantastic bike.

Thank you for your service and welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
You'll be a in a 650 before you know it , then get a Utopia back rest and you'll be a happy camper .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the nice replies. I also have a Mini and their forum is just plain dead in activity.
I used to have a 1976 Honda CB-400F, the little 4 cylinder 400. It fit me like a glove and I used to ride it cross country. Thanks for the thanks for my service. You're all welcome. It was fun... mostly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts