Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the forum and just bought my 650 last Friday, just waiting for it to arrive (had to come from TN). Like others this is my first bike so I can't wait to get going!

I have a few coworkers that are bikers and I'm the first with a 650! :D

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum as well as the 2 wheeled world.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome to the forum and two wheeling, I purchased a 650 last Thursday and glad I found this site. It has a wealth of information and great members.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome, Arkydude! You will be amazed at how quickly the miles will fly by on your new ride. FUN, FUN, FUN! If this is your first bike, I hope you will be enrolling in your local MSF training class (Motorcycle Safety Foundation). It's a must for all new riders. I've taken it twice, and every spring I take the advance rider course. It teaches you the skills to get going, and the skills needed to manage the risks involved in riding. Taking the advance class in the spring hones up your skills and gets your mind geared up to deal with the dangers and challenges on the road.

Enjoy your new ride! We all know you WILL :wink:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went on my first ride today!

Just went on my first ride today! It was great! I rode from my home to where I will be taking my MSF course this week and this only made me too aware that I need to take the course. Had no problems getting it up to 55mph, but I need some practice stopping (and knowing when to put the foot down). Also got to get used to the sudden slow downs when letting off the throttle.

But I see a fun fall ahead of me!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts