Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2012 Burgman 650 was lonely so I bought a Burgman 400 2003 today. It has a crack in the front leg shield (that is an easy fix for me), but the black plastic part that covers the tunnel is cracked. How can I find that part number, and the name of that part? Where do you all go for a parts blowup for the 400? Any leads on finding used parts other than ebay? I am assuming the 2003-2006 arethe same and use the same body parts.

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
182 Posts
There are a couple of commercial online places you might check... Bikebandit.com has their own part numbers, but they can give you the Suzuki manufactures number if you ask... The other place is: cheapmotorcycleparts.com. They publish the actual part number... The only other way to find the part number is to go to the dealer.

I believe you are correct about the 2003-06 being the same... The 2007 starts the different model design. Ebay is a good source for used parts. Even though there are less than honest sellers out there, the bulk of the stuff that is sold is okay...if you have a motorcycle salvage yard near by, they can network the part and you might find it that way...

Hope this helps....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Update here.. Here is what I found on cheapcycleparts.com. I am assuming you are referring to the hump cover that has the access door for the gas tank... Here is what was listed.

12. COVER, FRAME FRONT (GRAY)
Discontinued number: 47351-14G00-Y0J New part number: 47351-14G01-Y0J
$49.38

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
I believe that the part that includes the
Fuel Door is the Front Box...check
www.motogrid.com
Front Box...item # 1
92111-14G20-YOJ...Box,front $159.69
This part is the same for all years '03 to '06

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep the part I need is the front box 92111-14G20-YOJ. That is a pricey piece of plastic. Has anyone made a video of dismantling the plastic as to gain access to the bike for repairs?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Quail, let me see if I can remember everything. If I remember correctly:

The glove box portion needs to come off, the small piece right in front of the seat needs to come off, along with the two side legs shields and I think the front plastic piece (not sure about the last one).

You will have to swap out gas filler doors. If I remember, it just screws together with some alignment tabs. Sorry it has been a long time since I did mine.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts