Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I am new to the wind-in-your-face world of motorcycling... and I love it! I bought as my first bike the Burgman 650, because I wanted something that was practical, had power, and gave me a comfortable riding position and my blue Burgy fit the bill perfectly. I am discovering the pleasures of motorcycling. I bought my bike in Oct of 2003 and have put just over 1000 miles on it to date. This is a funny story to tell... I bought the bike because the Los Angeles traffic jam got me so angry one day (back in Oct) after being late for a meeting I told my co-workers that I was going to buy a motorcycle (I don't know how to shift one). They laughed. That afternoon, I drove in to the office (yes! I really did drive the Burgy into my office driving down the hallway!) and showed them my new bike. You should have seen their faces! A definite KODAK moment! AFTER buying the bike, I started researching the good and the bad about this bike and was pleasantly surprised to learn most people love it! I believe I've made a good, if not lucky, decision to get the Burgman 650 rather than the Silverwing or other "scooter." After learning to handle the weight of the Burgy, I have been known to go a tad too fast on it. If there is a Burgman group in the Los Angeles area, I would love to join them for chats, rides, or meetings. Well, enough of my rambling... I'm going for a ride!

John :)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Way to go John! :thumbright: and welcome to the Forum :wave: Glad to hear your loving your scoot as much as the rest of us.
Well, enough of my rambling... I'm going for a ride!
Just steer clear of the water cooler :wink:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Jon,
Welcome to the form. What dealer did you purchase it? I live in Hemet and have visited the dealers in Perris and Beaumont. As for LA riders, I'm sure that you have seen the riders from Orange County and Laguna Negal.
Rob in SoCal

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer I bought from....

Hello C5loadmaster,

I bought mine from Honda/Suzuki of North Hollywood and yes, I felt that I paid way way too much for my Blue Burgy 650. It was the only one in the lot and had been there for 2 weeks. I called several places and no one had one in stock. Since I wanted one right then and there, I was temporarily blinded by the desire for one and the fact LA traffic ticked me off so much, that I paid ... drum roll please..... $8500 (that includes the tax, DMV fees, a nice heavy leather motorcycle jacket, gloves, and helmet). I could have/should have looked around a bit more and have gotten a better price, but I was temporarily insane that day.. LOL. But, I believe the Burgy is worth the price. I love mine, have had absolutely no problems with it whatsoever, and gets curious looks from other motorcyclists. I have ridden it up to 150 miles on a single drive stopping only to fuel up, and have been very comfortable on it. Now that the weather is warming up (for Southern California, that is) I plan to ride it a LOT more and for longer distances. BTW, I just came home from a ride... and a veh to veh collision occurred right next to me. The veh was travelling parallel to me and the driver, I believe was looking at my bike, smacked into the back of a pick up truck!!!! For a moment, the pucker factor went up to 10! I thought the truck was going to veer into my lane, but fortunately, it didn't. I must repeat to myself... DEFENSIVE DRIVING, DEFENSIVE DRIVING, DEFENSIVE DRIVING!!! And thank the Good Lord for protecting me!

John :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts