Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!!! Bought a blue 03 AN400 a week ago.Have other scoots but been wanting something bigger than a 125.Started researching and shopping and decided on a used 400. My wife and I scoot together around the small towns and lakes around here. Sold my "real" bike several years ago because she didn`t care to ride on it with me.Went 2 years without and last year bought a couple of 50cc`s hoping she would enjoy it as much as I do, and she had never ridden a scoot or motorcyle by herself and thought a 50cc would be a good "trainer". My plan has worked!! She loves going out on them together. I wanted something I could comute to Tulsa(15 miles away) if I wanted as well as to our business in Pryor(25 miles away).So far I`ve only put 200 miles on mine because of bad weather, but really like it and feel I chose the best scoot for the money.It has 5300 miles on it and runs perfect!!!!

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums telemaster63. Glad to have you join us. Congratulations on the 'Pre-Loved' Burgman 400. Now you just have to get the wife to move up to the Burgman so she can keep up with you. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The plan is to ride the 400 this season with her on her 125.Then next season I`ll put her on the 400 and I will buy a 650.But for now she is intimidated by the size of the 400.She`s 5`2/110 lbs and feels it`s too big.But the more she rides the better she will feel about it.She wants a Kymco Grande Vista which is a 250 and a really nice bike and seems to fit her better than the 400.I`ve rode it and it and still like the Burgman better.But time will tell!!!

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Greetings Telemaster and welcome to the forums. It's really good to hear that you and the Mrs. are able to share in the passion of riding. Enjoy the 400 as well as the forum. :wave:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome. Orginally from OK. myself. You will have fun on the Burgman in the hills around there. Your going to need new a bass rod that will break down so it will fit in the trunk or mount some rod holders to the side.... send pictures! :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well that way at least you don't have to get your Burgman slimy to have a fish dinner. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Welcome the the ICOBO telemaster63. You made a darn good choice! Be sure to drop in every now and then and keep us posted and up to date about your scootering adventures!
vr,
Pete

·
Registered
553 Posts
telemaster63 said:
.So far I`ve only put 200 miles on mine because of bad weather, but really like it and feel I chose the best scoot for the money.It has 5300 miles on it and runs perfect!!!!
Hello telemaster63
Let me know if you got my pm and welcome to the forum.

Steve

·
Registered
18 Posts
Claremore

Welcome to the forum. My husband is from Chelsea and I'm from Foyil. I have a 400 and really like it. Hope you have fun on yours also.

·
Registered
550 Posts
hello from Broken Arrow

Hi there. I'm in Broken Arrow, I have a 03 650 and my wife loves to ride on it with me. She want's a 400 now that she's ridden on the back on mine for a while. I would love to get together and ride. I'm off work for a while so anytime ya want to.... just IM me or E-mail me.
My IM is b_i_g_slick on yahoo messenger. E-mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome telemaster, and congrats on your purchase. I have had my 05 400 for two weeks now and have put on 320 miles. It runs like a dream, I can not get enough. Eventually I will upgrade to the 650, but for now I am having fun with this one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome! I'm a newbie too and we are almost neighbors.

You knew all along that your wife would want the 400, didn't you? Sneaky, sneaky...

~Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts