Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 chevy impala, 60k miles, it developed a problem and the cause and fix may be worth sharing, (if swmbo didn't know, then this is truly rare and valuable info)
I got a check engine light, and it was hard to get fuel into the gas tank, the pump would shut off if fuel was pumped quickly , sometimes wouldn't pump at all, a couple of vehicles I have recently been washing for the sheriffs department, (servin my community as per judges orders) had the same problem. So short story long, over filling the tank put fuel in the fuel vent valve, gumming it up, replaced vent valve, works fine. I am thinking , I don't believe I want to do the overfill till gas runs out the headlights on the burgman anymore.
got 30 more hours at the car wash, then I'm a free man, again , (except swmbo says her car is dirty too) Workin on the chain gang!

Reactions: Rusty J

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts

Goooood Mourning....Amerika !

This song goes out to my good buddy in stripes (If the stripes went up & down you wouldn’t look so Round )

Have SWMBO was her own car ....by popular demand !

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
Good advice for cars, SUVs and pickups. However most of the Burgmans in the USA don't have charcoal canisters. I believe they are only on California models.

So unless you live in California you can top off your Burgman all you want.

Reactions: Rusty J

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
... a couple of vehicles I have recently been washing for the sheriffs department, (servin my community as per judges orders) had the same problem. Workin on the chain gang!
When I was on my way to university 4 decades back, I was riding my Honda Hawk 400A and got nailed for doing 80 in a 50 zone. I had more time than $$ and consequently chose the fine option program to work off my hefty penalty. They had me peeling potatoes at the Salvation Army soup kitchen and doing dishes. I had filled up this big soup pot with water to soak so I could clean it properly while we workers took a coffee break and the staff immediately lit up the cigarettes right under a big NO SMOKING sign in the dining room. The “silverware” was plastic but we did not throw it out - we re-washed it. So after the smoke break, I went back to the soup pot and there was a cockroach look-alike floating on his back in the water (poor swimmer I guess). I showed it to the regular staff and all the response I got was “I hope he got into the pot AFTER you filled it with water”. Yeah, the good old days.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Hey mikeyMarine are they feeding you good between car washes ?

If they are taking your orders for carry-out order this :

1 - 6 of 6 Posts