Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Just picked up a slightly used 2011 400. Traded a MP3 250. I had great times on the MP3 but needed more HP and found a sweet deal on the Burgman, it had less than 500 miles on it. Ordered a top box and mount, heated grips and it came with the givi airflow windshield. If anyone has any suggestions for mounting the box or grips feel free to chime in. Been searching this site for as much info I can get so if you have something that I might need to know feel free in giving me a shout.

On a side note, it was kind of funny when driving the MP3 rarely would I ever get the "motorcycle wave" but today after picking up the Burg every bike that I passed gave the signal. Had to chuckle knowing these were the same guys that would not give me the time of day when on the MP3.

If anyone is from southeast CT Mystic area maybe we could compare notes when the weather really warms up and more time is available for the outdoor activities.

Ride and Smile
Neal :p

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles!

·
Registered
511 Posts
>>but today after picking up the Burg every bike that I passed gave the signal<<

But a lot of times the person doing the waving doesn't know it's a scooter until it's too late. :)

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
>>but today after picking up the Burg every bike that I passed gave the signal<<

But a lot of times the person doing the waving doesn't know it's a scooter until it's too late. :)

Welcome to the forum!
Agreed. Especially the Burgman 400. Looks a bit like a sport bike coming head on.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Agreed. Especially the Burgman 400. Looks a bit like a sport bike coming head on.
Ha-ha, thought of that also, and so my suspicions solidified. I can imagine now how those bikers call names afterwards :D

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Tampa, FL!

I actually have people wave at me all the time. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I wave at every bike I spot - from 50cc whizzers to 1%ers on their Milwaukee iron. They almost all wave back.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Welcome. I hope you enjoy your 400. You'll get tons of help here on just about everything from really nice people. Stay safe out there.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
:hello2: Welcome Neal. I know you are going to love your 400.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hello everyone,
Just picked up a slightly used 2011 400. Traded a MP3 250. I had great times on the MP3 but needed more HP and found a sweet deal on the Burgman, it had less than 500 miles on it. Ordered a top box and mount, heated grips and it came with the givi airflow windshield. If anyone has any suggestions for mounting the box or grips feel free to chime in. Been searching this site for as much info I can get so if you have something that I might need to know feel free in giving me a shout.

On a side note, it was kind of funny when driving the MP3 rarely would I ever get the "motorcycle wave" but today after picking up the Burg every bike that I passed gave the signal. Had to chuckle knowing these were the same guys that would not give me the time of day when on the MP3.

If anyone is from southeast CT Mystic area maybe we could compare notes when the weather really warms up and more time is available for the outdoor activities.

Ride and Smile
Neal :p
My mother lives in Ashaway, RI. I plan to ride down to visit (I live in Nashua, NH) this summer...Mystic is only about a 15 minute ride from there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello,

i am a newbie and i want to get a burgman i want to get my license first and want to know if i can rent or borrow someone in the mystic area's burgman to take the class i have insurance or would do what ever is required I just want to make sure i have everything done before i buy my burgman.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
hello,

i am a newbie and i want to get a burgman i want to get my license first and want to know if i can rent or borrow someone in the mystic area's burgman to take the class i have insurance or would do what ever is required I just want to make sure i have everything done before i buy my burgman.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Me personally...I took baby steps. The motorcycle school allowed me to use their scooter..the problem was.....it was a PINK!! I'm a big guy...6 ft 1 inch and over 300 pounds. Why pink I asked? He said they got it real cheap! lol
So after lots of ribbing from my fellow riders I settled in and learned the brakes and the balance of turning etc. I then bought my AN400 and started first by riding around my neighborhood only ...no more than 30 mph. I did that for several weeks...then I went out and got on the main road through town...55mpg limit where everyone likes to go 65.Sink or swim....I swam with sharks and have not looked back!

Take your time learning...don't try an do more than you're capable.

Dan:p

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Me personally...I took baby steps. The motorcycle school allowed me to use their scooter..the problem was.....it was a PINK!! I'm a big guy...6 ft 1 inch and over 300 pounds. Why pink I asked? He said they got it real cheap! lol
So after lots of ribbing from my fellow riders I settled in and learned the brakes and the balance of turning etc. I then bought my AN400 and started first by riding around my neighborhood only ...no more than 30 mph. I did that for several weeks...then I went out and got on the main road through town...55mpg limit where everyone likes to go 65.Sink or swim....I swam with sharks and have not looked back!

Take your time learning...don't try an do more than you're capable.

Dan:p
That's VERY sage advice. Too many new riders are over confident and have the basics down, but not all the refinements, like braking in sand and such.

Not many people will be willing to let a beginner borrow a good bike. It's just too expensive to repair for even the smallest of drops. My advice is to buy a beater for your first six months riding cause you will drop it, almost guaranteed. Not an unsafe bike, just one that's scratched up and not worth a lot because of it.

Personally, I started on a moped in 1980. I beat the cr4p out of that thing and I learned to ride the hard way with lots of scrapes and burns and cuts and scabs. They didn't have the MSF classes back then. But I was 15 and didn't care, I was mobile.

Good luck and ride safe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts