Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2003 Burgman 400 that I am fixing up for my daughter. It needs a little work here and there but it runs pretty good.

I replaced the battery and I am ordering new tires for it. How difficult is it to remove the rear wheel? I guess the front will be easy.

I changed the oil today, fairly simple. I do need to order a new oil dipstick as the threads in the old one are a little stripped. It was tough to get off but the good news is that the oil that I replaced did not look very dirty so it had been changed before I bought it. The filter was pretty dirty and it might not have been changed but it has now.

I considered changing the drive fluid but it does not look easy to get to.

Is there an owners/service manual available online? That would be handy to figure out some things.

I need to order a few small parts. Is there a website that sells parts with low shipping? I tried http://www.cheapcycleparts.com but I have 9.25 in parts and 14.15 in shipping.

Thanks,
Glenn

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
The rear wheel comes off just like a car wheel. You remove 3 lug nuts. However before you can remove it you have to remove the muffler and the bracket the muffler bolts to. It's a good idea to have a new gasket handy for the muffler to header pipe connection as they sometimes come apart when you remove them.

You can order a service manual from your Suzuki dealer.

For small priced parts the shipping usually makes them higher than just getting them from your local dealer. The dealer will charge you more for the part but you don't pay shipping.

If you want to shop online prices go to the Knowledgebase link at the top of the page. Inside it you will find a list of a bunch of OEM fiche sites. Shipping prices vary from site to site as do parts prices.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
You don't say where you live, but if you're close to 700 Kopp Lane, Clarksville, Indiana 47129, you can save yourself the 14 bucks in shipping. It'd take me a lot more than $14 to get there, so I'd just opt to have them shipped.

·
Registered
302 Posts
With a name like 'Gator' Glenn I would have to say that he lives in Florida or the back swamps of Louisiana.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
You can download full service manuals here for only $8.95 USD. Copyright says Suzuki, so I guess they're OEM. They're very thorough, 650 pages for the 650, 475 pages on the 400.

http://www.tradebit.com/G/manuals

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your help. I do have some work to do on this Burgman before I can give it to my daughter. I did find a site to order my parts for less money shipping. $6.99 priority mail which is more than it should cost them to ship them to me in Georgia. But much better than $14.15.

Glenn

·
Registered
302 Posts
Have you tried Bikebandit.com.com? I have gotten parts from them for both my Honda PCX and my Burgman 400. There is also Ron Ayers (Ronayers.com). I have ordered from them also. At either place you need to know what the area is called on the Micro fiche. At Ron Ayers there is a link that is actually called fiche, which is the micro fiche. By the way gatorglenn, you need to put your location in your profile. There are other Georgia riders on this site as well, and we have gotten together for rides on occasion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts