Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Murray and I live just outside of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I have recently purchased a used 2007 Burgman 400 (Grey) with
35,000 km on it. I previously had a 2005 Yamaha Midnight Star, but due
to age and health (require knee replacements) I decided to downsize to the
Burgman instead of giving up motorcycling. I joined the forum to get an idea of what I can do with it and to get ideas on how to maintain it. So far I have only had it out a few times but it was great getting out on the road again. Because it was used I replaced the air filter, oil and filter and checked the coolant. It does not seem to have any squealing noises and runs well. :D

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Welcome fromAustin, TX. You'll find tons of information on here to learn about your new ride.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome aboard Murray, I am probably close to the same circumstances as you, health and maybe age,lol. I am also a newbe to the forum and the Burgman. I am enjoying mine a lot and hope you do also.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

There's not a lot of maintenance on the 400. Just what you've done so far. Replace the transmission belt and rollers every 20,000 miles or so. Clutch every 30-40k. Tires last around 12k. Brakes around 30k.

The only thing that is a little annoying is a glazed clutch. I deglaze mine every 5K or so. But I'm fussy about it. Many people go much further between services. It all depends on normal load, riding area, etc.

Enjoy, it's a fabulous bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts