Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have rode Harley's for 20 years in my younger days. 3 years ago I got back into riding and bought a Honda Silverwing. It was a flawless machine. Last week I traded it in for a 2015 650 Burgman. I am still breaking it in but what a machine. I do most of my riding out of either Stuart FL or Outerbanks NC. I have been looking over this forum and so much great information.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The silverwing is a great bike. But the Burgie is a bit better, IMHO.

Congratulations and Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome! I consider my 650 Burgman a motorcycle in scooter disguise. I've owned lots of motorcycles and my only regret is that I didn't discover maxi scooters sooner. I started out with a Harley Topper in 1964 and feel a bit like I've gone full circle. Florida's a great place to ride year round, enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Welcome - I also started in the maxi category on a SWing but some handling issues bothered me ( tracking highway grooves. )

Moved to the Burgman 650 as you have and I consider it the best all around on pavement machine I've owned in 50 years of riding.

Get thee up to WV and have some fun in the twists. That was the biggest eye opener for me.
This was the review that got me into the maxi category.
http://www.onewheeldrive.net/2006/10/04/scoot-touring-the-honda-silverwing-and-suzuki-burgman/

and the Honda VFR800 rider is bang on ....no losing the Burgman...go have some fun with the Power button in the twists.

Welcome.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Welcome

Howdy from Stuart:

Welcome to the Burgman sight. I guess you got your Burgman from Florida Power Sports.

I ride out of Okeechobee and now have a 2006 Burgman 650EX and 2012 Gold Wing which I ride.

If you ever want to ride a westerly or northern route let me know and we can meet up.

:p

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts