Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trading in a 400 for a 650. Had the 400 less than a month but have to have the 650, so I'm getting it! Was surfing for info and this forum showed up on Alta Vista, and was exactly what I was hoping to find. What a great resource... a big thank-you to all involved in keeping it going. I should be riding my new black 650 in less than 48 hours... can't wait. :D

WLB :>)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
WLB :>) said:
I should be riding my new black 650 in less than 48 hours... can't wait.
Oh boy! Thats going to be a long 48 hours... :wink: I'm about 48 hours from leaving for Scootercade on my 650 too... another long 48.

Welcome to BurgmanUSA! Glad you found us! I'm sure that you will enjoy both the forum and your new 650.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum :wave: Wow 2 new machines in a month.....you must thoroughly enjoy the break in process :lol: J/K Good luck with your new 650. Make sure you post a comparison on your thoughts of the 400 vs the 650. I for one would find it interesting to read.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I've had my Black 650 for one week today, and I love it more everytime I ride...

·
Super Moderator
8,067 Posts
Welcome WLB,

I did that too last year, except went 4 months, and 3,000 miles. I have to say though at 3,000 miles, the 400 was really coming around in power. The main reason I traded up was the ride for 2-up riding, as well as a little extra kick.

Your reason?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pauljo said:
Oh boy! Thats going to be a long 48 hours... :wink: I'm about 48 hours from leaving for Scootercade on my 650 too... another long 48.

Welcome to BurgmanUSA! Glad you found us! I'm sure that you will enjoy both the forum and your new 650.
Thanks... I'm like kid at Christmas, only a day to go. :p I can already tell this forum will prove to be an invaluable resource. Have a great ride to Scootercade. :sunny:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greetings and welcome to the forum Wow 2 new machines in a month.....you must thoroughly enjoy the break in process J/K
One would think that! :wink:

Make sure you post a comparison on your thoughts of the 400 vs the 650. I for one would find it interesting to read.
I'm looking forward to doing that.
I did that too last year, except went 4 months, and 3,000 miles. I have to say though at 3,000 miles, the 400 was really coming around in power. The main reason I traded up was the ride for 2-up riding, as well as a little extra kick.
Please forgive the double reply, I'm learning how to do multiple quotes in one reply... Think I've got it.

Anyway, overall I was pretty happy with the 400, and if the 650 didn't exist I'm sure I could have been satisfied with the 400 for the long haul, even though I had a few "nits to pick" with it. For one thing, in this era of ultra smooth engines and transmissions (GM comes to mind) I wasn't ready for the level of vibration I felt in the drivetrain on the 400, expecting perhaps the level of smoothness I've witnessed on Honda scoots. Power was adequate, but I'm hoping for that extra "oomph". While freeway cruising was also good, I'm hoping the extra weight of the 650 will give it a little added stability, since I'd like to do some distance riding and wish to be as comfortable as possible.

I'm 6'2" and found the seating position on the 400 puts my knees up a little higher than I'd like. If I understand, the 650 sits a little higher from the ground; I'm hoping the foot rails are a little lower on the 650 as well so I don't get that "knees in the chest" feeling. I haven't even seen the 650 in person yet; I ordered it without sitting on it, but I'll take it no matter what; salivating over the engine, tranny combo.

Anyway, I'll post back with initial impressions once I've had a chance to ride it.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

WLB :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts