Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been a biker for almost 50 years. I currently own a 1996 H-D Roadking but will be down-sizing this Spring to a 650 Burgman. I've owned a Yamaha 650, Honda 305 Superhawk, Vespa 250, Kawasaki 1000, Yamaha Virago 1100, and now a H-D Roadking. Changing to a Suzuki 650 Scooter because I'm getting up there in age (70) and I need something a bit milder and easier to ride.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Hah - similar riding history tho I stayed with the intermediates. Loved that Honda 305.

You'll like the Burgman 650 and it will only be milder if you want it to.
Hit that Power button in the twists and even the litre bikes you've ridden would have a difficult time keeping up. :D

That was the unexpected surprise for me...performance and handling. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome Jim. Not quite your age & not quite the # of bikes as you but have been riding my own bikes sense 1966. Took twenty five years off & then found Burgmans in 2008. You'll love the 650 I sure do mine. Will you be looking for new or used?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome Jim!

I'm enjoying my new 2-wheeled addiction with scooters. I have been riding on and off for almost 40 years starting on a big Honda 50 when I was 10 years old :cool: Yes, that means I'm only a few months away from turning 50.

Already a grandfather so that milestone has been reached too :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome to BUSA, Jim.

Another convert I read. I switched from MCs 15 years ago and never looked back. As the others have stated, you'll be surprised at how much performance there is with a modern, large scooter like the b650. You won't be giving up much and will gain a lot in comfort, smoothness, ridability, storage, etc. and what we call "the Burgman grin".

Let us know how your bike search goes. We'll be glad to help you out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts