Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but not scooters! I just moved up from a Honda Reflex. I also have a Harley in the garage, and a Genuine Buddy 125. My wife and I live in Des Moines IA, and are the leaders of a local scooter club, that has 87 outstanding members!
I really love riding this scooter! The purchase was unplanned, I had to ride it 100 miles home, in 40 mph winds...and it was HOT! The Burgman handled the trip much better than I did!
I look forward to learning from everyone on this forum!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Rodger, Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure that you will continue to love riding the Burg 400. We often get high winds in this area too, so I know that it takes some of the fun out of riding.

I nearly bought a white 2012 Burg 400 ABS this past week. But I've got my black 08 set up how I want it and only just recently went past 10,000 miles. But still, there's no ABS on my K8. :?

Tony

·
Registered
677 Posts
Rooky said:
but not scooters! I just moved up from a Honda Reflex.
How do you like the Burgman so far compared to the Reflex? When I was initially on the market I really thought I wanted a 250 for better fuel economy, but the AN400 seems to be a sweet spot in that regard: very good mileage (in some cases matching the 250s), easy to handle, and good highway performance. In the end (obviously) I got a Burgman because I didn't like the tiny wheels of the Helix, and the Reflex was rare and expensive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If they had black, that would have been a tough choice. I thought that a 400 would be bigger than I wanted, till I road that first hundred miles home. I am now sold on the 400. I tried the 650, but the 400 just feels right. I am a big fan of the Reflex, I wish that they still sold them here! We have plans of doing some light two up touring. I think the 400 should be great for the job!

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from the Heart of America-Kansas City! JC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts