Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I'm having a hard time finding some info on the stock drive config on the '22 AN400.

Specifically, what size are the stock rollers, and what weight? Thinking of buying a tuning kit to adjust for different applications. IE, days in the mountains vs days cruising on flat land for long periods.

·
Administrator
22,919 Posts
Welcome to the Forums.

I do not have a Burgman 400 so I can not give any answers, just guesses.

Where ya from?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Welcome.

In my experience there is not alot wrong with the standard set-up. I would certainly try it before modifying anything.
If you do decide that mods are required, then I would start here -
And here

·
Registered
2014 Burgman 400
587 Posts
Hi, maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I'm having a hard time finding some info on the stock drive config on the '22 AN400.
Yes, I did similar search to no avail, but I know that CVT components from 2011 to 2019 are the same, I'm fairly certain that cvt components from 2019 + are the same, as most changes from previous models where elsewhere. You can weigh and measure your OEM rollers to be sure, easiest mod usually is install 18 gram Dr pulley sliders(slightly lighter). A good compromise for both scenarios.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
While stock setup isn't horrible, I think the gearing is upside down - low rpm on takeoff and high rpm on the highway. Dr. Pulley sliders will give more consistent revs by increasing takeoff rpm and lowering cruising rpm. I believe stock rollers are 19 gm, as far as I know for all years. I concur with zrx for 18 gm DP sliders, or if you can find them, 17 gm.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I rode my 2008 400 stock for almost 18,000 miles until I changed the belt. Stock rollers were 19 grams, I switched them out for 19 gram Tech Pulley Sliders (or whatever they are called) and a Malossi belt. Made a huge diference. Lowered my highway rpms by about 1,000. 0 to 40 was much smoother and more responsive. I put a car tire on the rear shortly thereafter, and that rose my highway revs back up. I had the parts for 6 months before I installed them. I wasn't going to swap them out while they still had life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts