Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the Pineywoods of the deep East Texas, ergo my handle and I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my scooter, A white 2006 650. My previous experience is with primarily Hondas,three to be exact, a 175, a 550-4 and a 1800 gold wing.
We have miles and miles and miles of twisties in this part of the state. I'm looking forward to riding them, may as well be comfortable while riding.
A great way to unwind! I have been looking at a number of blogs. It's amazing the amount of knowledge that exists on the Burgman. I feel that I will gain much knowledge about my new scoot through these blogs.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome...........quite a few Texas folks on this site so you should feel right at home. ;)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Congrats on the new Burg and welcome to the forum from sunny Tampa! This is a good place - active with friendly folks. Glad to have your voice in the mix!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Welcome, I'm from Round Rock just north of Austin. Saw my first Burgman 400 yesterday after moving here a month ago.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Welcome Pineywoods Scoot. Miles and miles and miles of twisties? Forget Florida for retirement. I am heading SW to Texas. Miles and miles of twisties, oh my.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome.
Apparently my little scooter didn't have a lot of maintenance done on it prior to me acquiring it. So I am attempting to change Oil & do maintenance stuff prior to doing any he extended rides.first thing I'm doing is removing all the Tupperware, going to local car wash, give the poor thing a thorough cleaning, lots of red dirt on the bottom side.
I have managed to destroy a couple push fasteners prior to my learning how to remove them. Any ideas where I can get them other than Suzuki?

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Welcome Scott...
the NAPA auto supply stores have the push-pin fasteners
in a couple of different sizes available....also much cheaper
than from Suzuki.
Were you in Hemphill when it became a metro-center during
the search for Columbia debris?? I had spent a week of
vacation across the lake in a cabin the previous Thanksgiving,
so I knew right where things were going on.
Enjoy yourself, riding the piney-woods.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts