Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I guess I get it. Thumb throttle allows greater grip when moving faster and access to the front brakes at all times. Is that about it?

For a MC or scooter, isn't "death grip" more of a problem than not enough? And I can't think of a situation I want acceleration AND front brakes. I occasionally use the back brake, just to hone the acceleration to exactly what I need, but front brake?

Am I missing something as to why this has any advantages?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
A LOT of the time, a split second makes a big difference. The particular split second I'm thinking of is the one between the time you see the crash coming and the time you get your thumb out of that thing. Maybe I'm just a cynic.
A healthy skepticism is a good thing, keeps you out of trouble.

There would definitely be a fair amount of retraining to get good at that thing on a bike. And I don't see much advantage to it. So I say, nea, nea.

But maybe on a water craft, they have index finger controls, right? I can see where a thumb throttle would be an advantage; grip tighter as you go faster, bouncing on the waves. That would help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.