Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Follow this linky to see the new development.

I am not entirely convinced but willing to learn from the experience of the early adopters.;)

So what do you think?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I guess I get it. Thumb throttle allows greater grip when moving faster and access to the front brakes at all times. Is that about it?

For a MC or scooter, isn't "death grip" more of a problem than not enough? And I can't think of a situation I want acceleration AND front brakes. I occasionally use the back brake, just to hone the acceleration to exactly what I need, but front brake?

Am I missing something as to why this has any advantages?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ok, I'm really unimpressed. Glad I checked it out though cause I'm always to some neat gadget I can't live without.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I would have to use it for awhile in order to say yay or nay . Some times a split second makes a big difference .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
A LOT of the time, a split second makes a big difference. The particular split second I'm thinking of is the one between the time you see the crash coming and the time you get your thumb out of that thing. Maybe I'm just a cynic.

·
Registered
220 Posts
That split second can make the difference, after some 45 plus bikes I still don't use a cruse control just for that reason.

John

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
A LOT of the time, a split second makes a big difference. The particular split second I'm thinking of is the one between the time you see the crash coming and the time you get your thumb out of that thing. Maybe I'm just a cynic.
A healthy skepticism is a good thing, keeps you out of trouble.

There would definitely be a fair amount of retraining to get good at that thing on a bike. And I don't see much advantage to it. So I say, nea, nea.

But maybe on a water craft, they have index finger controls, right? I can see where a thumb throttle would be an advantage; grip tighter as you go faster, bouncing on the waves. That would help.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Brings me way back to my snowmobile days and the sore thumb that came with it. The first several rides were just painful until the thumb got used to it again.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
My first impression is of quite a bit of complexity to accomplish a simple task--though as others have said I would have to experience it before any final judgement...

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'm not sure what the added feature is here. If I remember correctly the Polaris 4 wheeler we had on the farm twenty years ago had a thumb throttle. Big deal, only takes a couple minutes to get used to a slightly new position just like the controls between any model, brand of bike.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
MADE IN CHINA!! Don't waist your time Already Defective Out the BOX!!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Color me skeptical. I don't think I would even volunteer to be a tester for them. I kind of like the way I have my throttle set up on all of my bikes.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

1 - 14 of 14 Posts