Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
what new 2022 models will be offered.
The signs point to Suzuki dropping gas scooters and replacing them with, "new urban commuting options". Before the China Flu shut down global supply chains Suzuki was planning on releasing an electric scooter in India for 2021, according to Suzuki Motorcycle India MD Koichiro Hirao. I haven't been able to find any evidence of a new electric from Suzuki so I guess they're either still working on them or having issues with their supply chain. It's unlikely that they will redesign their gas scooters and design new electrics to compete with them at the same time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The signs point to Suzuki dropping gas scooters and replacing them with, "new urban commuting options". Before the China Flu shut down global supply chains Suzuki was planning on releasing an electric scooter in India for 2021, according to Suzuki Motorcycle India MD Koichiro Hirao. I haven't been able to find any evidence of a new electric from Suzuki so I guess they're either still working on them or having issues with their supply chain. It's unlikely that they will redesign their gas scooters and design new electrics to compete with them at the same time.
"Interestingly, according to Moto Station, the Burgman 400 isn't the best selling version of the model. The 125 and 650 are".
I don't know if the French head of Suzuki was speaking for France or all of Europe, but I'm surprised the 650 outsells the 400.

·
Registered
648 Posts
"Interestingly, according to Moto Station, the Burgman 400 isn't the best selling version of the model. The 125 and 650 are".
Here is a screenshot of that Moto Station page, translated. Note that this was 2019. Look at those Honda and Yamaha numbers. (BUT, this was France, not the the World)
Suzuki's SCOOTER line-up for UK 2022 - One, the 400 EU5. No 125 or 200 in the on-line catalogue.
Font Number Document Screenshot Parallel

·
Super Moderator
5,379 Posts
Historically the 400 has outsold the 650.

Most years were between 2:1 and 5:1, it varied with what was available as competition or if a new version was expected/launche. I had the figures but not sure if I still do.

650 would have had to have a lot of good years to catch up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Historically the 400 has outsold the 400.
?
I think I know what you meant to say. World-wide, EU or in the U.K.?

Yes, the article is from 2019 but newer information isn't available. I'm just trying to connect the dots on what the future holds for the Burgman line. It seems like they planned the same route as BMW - scrap most of their scooters and start filling the holes with electric bikes. I want to believe they are just redesigning the 650's engine for Euro5 compatibility and it will be back in a year or two but the reports out of India of electric scooters in development makes that seem unlikely.

·
Super Moderator
5,379 Posts
Sorry, historically 400 outsold 650 worldwide (have edited)
Also in Uk but more recently only a few more 400s than 650s (more competition in smaller engine size probably).

As well as electric bikes, manufacturers got together a while ago and reviewed the market - decided large capacity flagship bikes were no longer the thing and they would concentrate more on the lower cc segment.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

Starting at $1150.00

21 - 27 of 27 Posts