Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

Good to find a forum of enthusiasts of this accomplished 'new-order' tourer.

After a long search, I picked up my brand new white 2002 model Skywave 650 (that you refer to as a Burgman) last Thursday and took it out to the mountains last weekend to run it in. It had to be a new 2002 because I only wanted a white model, as it's definately the safest colour for a road vehicle (important when navigating blind bends on single lane mountain roads), and looks pretty cool if kept clean. It also makes you look a bit like police-bike, which tends to part the waves, important on a motorcycle this size...

We covered 450kms on a combination of traffic clogged trunk roads, open country roads, and winding mountain passes, and I'm very impressed - more torquey, stable and comfortable than the Honda NSS250 Forza (big-scooter) I use for the commute, and more relaxing and convenient than the 162bhp x11 I've been using for touring. Good 55w lights as standard, too.

I've got the factory backrest fitted, which the girlfriend loves, and I've also had grip heaters fitted. If anyone doesn't have them fitted, I strongly recommend it - I wouldn't buy a roadbike that couldn't have these fitted.

Looking forward to sharing info with you gents in the future.

Lycheed

·
Registered
308 Posts
welcome lycheed. If I'm not mistaken, you are the first posting member from Japan... you are lucky to be there as there are many parts available to you that we cannot easily get here in the US, like your heated grips. Definitely I am looking forward to getting some auto-folding mirrors too.

Welcome, very glad to have you aboard! :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Migz123,

If anyone needs any info from Suzuki Japan regarding accessories etc, just let me know. I'd be glad to assist.

Enjoy
Lycheed

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
migz123, I think heated grips is one of the few accessories we can get here.

lycheed, I am looking for some accessories for a 2004 400, if you can help? contact me.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Accessories

2004 400? Nice bike. Low runing costs, thumping single engine, light weight handling. They've brought out a "Type S" 400 now, too.

Let me know what you want.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi there Lycheed!
Definetely great to have a member from Japan aboard this forum. I can see who is going to be the turn to guy for inside or new info on this magnificent series of machines. Also congrats on your new purchase. I've seen the white machine in photos and I agree with you that it does look great.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi AllWalk,

Thanks for the response. Great machine, great forum. Look forward to chatting with you in the near future. What colours do you have available over in Canada?

Lycheed

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Well 2003 was the first year the Burgman was available to us and it was only the 650 model. So blue and Silver it is. This year ( 2004) they introduced the 400 series as well. So now I can expect to see a few black Burgers around. I've seen photos of red burgers(skywaves). What colour choices are available to you?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, Allwalk. This years colours are Sonic Silver or Black, last year was what I refer to as "dull" silver, or black, and 2002 was white and "dull" silver.

Have any of you guys had the chrome front plate and mirrors fitted? Or ideed the power mirro option? Did you have the Anniversary Model - Black, Gel inserts in the seats, passenger back-rest as standard with colour coded rear plastics?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts