Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I test drove the burgman 400 today, and i loved it untill it happened, i was crusing up a hill and making a right at the top of the hill, right as i reached the crest of the hill and leaning in to make my turn I noticed a bunch of gravel, well it was too late and i wiped out, so i hopped back on and rode straight back to the dealer. My question is does anyone know how much a new front and rear fender and a side pannel coast, I have 2 choices either i buy the scoter or pay for the new parts. Just trying to figure out what to do.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Sorry I cant help you with an answer cooter. Try asking in the thread :
Have you laid it down yet! http://burgmanusa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=94

Theres a few people that have experienced road rash there, they may be able to help you out. Good Luck, btw owning 1 of these beauties wouldn't be a bad option.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think you owe anything. The dealer "should" have warned you about the area

Eddie

·
Registered
793 Posts
I Object!

Cooter,
I'm no lawyer BUT here's my opinion:

Don’t pay even if you had signed an agreement with the dealer, holding you personally responsible for damages.

Major purchase pressures of buying a new and unfamiliar vehicle puts buyers into a position of acting Under Duress, that is your being “encouraged” to test ride the bike when perhaps the seller should have told you that you didn't have to.

Factory authorized businesses should be responsible for both product and customer because sellers incur material loss from untrained acts of buyers often.

As long as you returned the product to the seller, you're removed from legal liability as a matter of law concerning theft, thus availing yourself and the product to the seller for repairs. After all, it is the sellers property and only in an appropriate court would the seller be able to present loss itemizations in an attempt to recover costs outside of the sellers own business insurance.

If you are required to comply with a legal settlement, pay only wholesale prices and appeal the ruling if the dealer gouges on labor costs by charging for example, labor incurred to order, ship and receive items.

Your future business relationship may sour with the seller but their responsibility began when they suggested that you use a product that belonged to them.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
test ride accident

I'm no lawyer, but I would sure think that the dealership would have
insurance to cover themselves for test rides and the possibility of an
accident happening. When you test drive a car, all they care about is
that you have a valid drivers license, they don't ask if you have
insurance to cover an accident when you are testing it.

Crap happens and I think that the dealer is covered when it does by
his own insurance. Test rides are a normal part of doing business.
Maybe he is still trying to make that sale ??

My opinion guys.....good luck.

Gib McKain

·
Registered
10 Posts
Paying for dropping a dealers bike on a test ride

Hi guys. Just read all your interesting posts on this subject. I am a Suzuki Authorised Dealer in the U.K. If a person takes a bike for a test ride and drops it they pay for it. Quite simple, no exceptions. They sign to say they take full responsibility for any damage, speeding, etc they incur whilst the vehicle is in their control. We don't put a gun to the persons head to demo the bike but the very least any dealer would expect would be to get it back in the condition they sent it out in. We don't take advantage of the situation when it happens, either. (And believe me it does, offering hundreds of demos every year). Trade price for the parts and a contribution to the labour. In an ideal world, we all want a low low price. In an ideal "dealer’s world" we all want to charge full sticker price, and then maybe (just maybe) we could handle a few spills on demos. I'd love to see a posting from another dealer that thinks any different. Keep up the good work on the site Brian. It's the best I have come across for Suzuki scooter owners. Apologies for the spelling - we Brits add extra letters for some odd reason!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts