Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting some long-overdue new tires - Pirelli Diablo Rosso. I think I got my money's worth out of the OEM rear. Racing slick on a 400?! Going to be 15F tonight but warming up some this weekend so will scuff them then. Good time to test the ABS.

·
Super Moderator
2,194 Posts
Heck G-Dub, you've only used half of that rear. Ride it a bit more and it'll show it's "second tread".

·
Premium Member
7,434 Posts
ooh the smell of new tires, someone should make a perfume, wimmins would be irresistibler

·
Registered
885 Posts
I had doablo rosso scooter before and couldn't find a tire and one guy said hell order it and will cone in a month. I didnt want ro chance it. Best scooter tire ice ever used. Now im using dunlop scootsmart. Not even close to the pirelli.great choice

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got these several months ago and had a hard time finding them. I was a little disappointed they are a few years old already, but hopefully I'll get four or five years out of them if I don't wear them out first. Interested to see how they handle.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A warning.... if you install right angle valve stems, the rear has to point to the right or it will hit part of the CVT. I had them mount it to the left since there's more open space for access. Fortunately it was loose enough I could just turn it around.

Got everything back together tonight, topped off the oil, and now can't wait to test ride the new Pirellis.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the City Grips on the SYM, but they don't seem to make sizes for the Burgy.

·
Super Moderator
2,194 Posts
Sadly not. I think there's one that'd fit one wheel but the weight range is wrong.
Someone tried it a while back & reported it was pretty squirmy...
I'm still running Shinko's on the burger. I've debated picking up the Shinko tire for the HD200 since I'm coming up on a rear tire, but will probably try out the CG 2.

I like the City Grips on the SYM, but they don't seem to make sizes for the Burgy.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tested out the new tires today, really like them. They did everything I asked of them without drama or complaint. Kept a firm grip in the turns and they don't follow pavement grooves.

Side note regarding right angle valve stems: the rear has to point to the right side of the bike else it will hit part of the CVT. Unfortunate as there's more space for access on the left.

Did about three hours of riding today, mostly on the Burgman, some on the Helix. Checked out some of the Ohio River flooding. The line of trees off in the distance is the Indiana side of the river.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Nice picture, shame all that flooding
Those pirellis are fantastic. I was doing 120km driving to a wedding in pouring rain. Very stable. Ill find one before the scootsmart goes so I dont have to use that again. No comparison between the 2.

Though im not brave enough to get my tire as bare as you did haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts