Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Burg650 just sent me a pic that shows that the Euro model of the 05 Burgman 650 comes with a electrically adjustable screen!

I can not figure out how to post photos from home (can I post photos with a MAC?) so will describe and then post a pic Monday if no one eles has by then.

The picture clearly shows a red switch labled windscreen and
"UP----DOWN" on the right handle bar between the starter and teh emergency flashers.

if this is for real, it be cool!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
From another post, I think it is a feature on the "Executive" model, and that we won't get it in the USA or Canada. Hope I'm wrong...

Also, I hope the adjustability will still work with an aftermarket screen mounted. It should... You could then have a "look through" screen for max wind protection, and lower it to "look over" mode in rain conditions or very hot weather. That would be great! (I'm guessing that the stock screen will still be too small for many riders.)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Just as a guess I would say the mechanism to move the windshield would be a complete unit, that is to say it would work even if there were no shield there.. If that's right then yes an after market should fit and work,
but perhaps not the windshields being made now. :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm a little dense but how would the movement work (i.e., up-down or would the cant/angle change)? :scratch:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Randy said:
Just as a guess I would say the mechanism to move the windshield would be a complete unit, that is to say it would work even if there were no shield there.. If that's right then yes an after market should fit and work,
but perhaps not the windshields being made now. :(
Another good point. Suzuki made the V-Strom with a fixed windshield in '02 and '03. Came out with an adjustable mounting system in '04. All the aftermarket manufacturers had to design new shields - the mounting system was totally different. To their credit, most of them were able to make the shields more attractive though.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Doctor K wrote
I'm a little dense but how would the movement work (i.e., up-down or would the cant/angle change)?
It could be either way, cant/angle works so does sliding up/down
The powers to be have to decide based on complexity / price / reliability
Which is just a nice way to say get as much money for as little product as they can :lol:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Doctor K said:
I'm a little dense but how would the movement work (i.e., up-down or would the cant/angle change)? :scratch:
On the '05 AN650 Executive, it is a height (up/down movement) only adjustment with about a 20cm / 7.8 inch range (according to a reporter in Europe).

It appears to move in a slight "up-and-back/down-and-forward" motion.

Here is a photo of it in the full up position:

And here is a shot from the European brochure showing the full down position. Note how the lower portion of the screen almost overlaps the top of the air intake now:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Doctor K said:
...how would the movement work?
Here's a pic of the contol unit:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
JohnnyDeath said:
...The picture clearly shows a red switch labled windscreen and "UP----DOWN" on the right handle bar between the starter and teh emergency flashers.
Actually, the red button is for the Hazard Lights. The black slider above the starter switch (the same slider that was the Hazard switch on the older 650s) is now the Screen Up/Down control.

Here's an oblique view:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
This adjustable windshield is such a great feature that I'm going to look into getting a European service manual and seeing if it'll be possible to retrofit my K3 with one.

If not, then I may take a trip to Europe and buy a new Executive to bring home next year!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
pirmil said:
Thank ... excellent information.
Du rein.

pirmil said:
my dealer suzuki was not even informed.
If your situation in France is anything like the situation here, the Suzuki dealers don't know as much about scooters as their customers do.

BurgmanUSA.com is, in my opinion, the best place to come to for the straight story on any scooter question.

If we don't know it, someone here can usually find out one way or another.

Stormsteed said:
Brian said:
If not, then I may take a trip to Europe and buy a new Executive to bring home next year!
Could you get a couple, and then sell them to us? :D
I'll have to ask my attorney to check on the import laws for vehicles.

I know that if I buy one in Europe and drive it around while on vacation I can then bring it back as a used vehicle. Or at least, you used to be able to do that; the laws may have changed.

But I will check into that.

seatec said:
If you can get the adjustable windshield, I deffently want one, get a few in for sale if you thing we can get it to work :idea:
It'll be after the first of the year before I actually get the time to look seriously into this, but I promise to keep the forum informed if I get a green light.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts