Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up the latest issue of Road Runner magazine. It's a 6-times a year pub focusing on touring. Nice maps, photos, pretty well-written articles. They've just launched a section on Scooters, which will run 3 times a year. In the first issue (on newsstands now), they reviewed the Piaggio 200GT and the Aprilia Atlantic 500. The 500 got pretty good marks.

Cheers,

Bryna

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Byrna,

I had sent them an email complementing them on their decision to run that scooter touring section. A few days later, I got an email back, inviting me to submit an article with pictures of any scooter tour that I make - I think they said 600 words or less. (No guarantee that it would get published.)

I know some folks here have done some pretty long rides this season, so they might want to consider taking a shot at that. I don't really have what I would consider to be appropriate photos of the rides I've taken this Summer - but I might give it a shot next season. It would be kind of fun to have a ride published.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Paul,

Sounds like a perfect 'excuse' to go on another tour. (Like you really need an excuse.) :roll:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go for it, Paul!

My only compliant about the section was that the riders pictured (the publisher, business mgr and their sons) didn't suit up in traditional motorcycling/riding gear. (Even though they did in photos of motorcycle touring.)

Otherwise, I commend them for giving scoots a forum, particularly given it's primarily a U.S. publication.

Maybe other pubs will take a hint! :D

Bryna

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
pauljo said:
Byrna,

I had sent them an email complementing them on their decision to run that scooter touring section. A few days later, I got an email back, inviting me to submit an article with pictures of any scooter tour that I make - I think they said 600 words or less. (No guarantee that it would get published.)

I know some folks here have done some pretty long rides this season, so they might want to consider taking a shot at that. I don't really have what I would consider to be appropriate photos of the rides I've taken this Summer - but I might give it a shot next season. It would be kind of fun to have a ride published.
That is a great opportunity. We have some fine 'wordsmiths' on this forum.
PS: Could include the forum in the signature block to the article!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts