Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best way to deal with rain on the windshield while riding is the a windshield wiper or something I don't mind the rain just cant see

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i'm a new rider what is the best way of dealing with the rain on the windshield I don't mind the rain just can't see is there a windshield wiper or something thanks I love the site

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
You can use a product like Rain-x for plastic. It causes the water to bead and the airstream rolls it off the windscreen.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I've read about using that stuff with very good results. Make sure it is the stuff made for the plastics like what the windshield is made of. The regular stuff made for glass will etch the shield and that would be worse than a few rain drops.

Welcome for the forum @drive61
Don't know what kind of bike/scooter you ride but since my days riding a Gold Wing with a very tall windshield I vowed never to look THROUGH a windshield on a bike again. I always look over it for just the issue you mention. On my ST1100 I even cut down that windshield since it was just above my line of sight so I could then look over it. Wind still flowed over my helmet. I also never ride without a full face helmet and all my other armored gear so I already have a helmet visor (always down to avoid extra strain on my neck and protect my face from June Bug beatles and such) to look through and that's more than enough. There have been times my windshield has been dirty enough to make it hard to see through anyway, even without rain. But when I clean it I still don't like looking through it. I used to ride in rain, as well as all other kinds of weather hot or cold, a lot before I retired. I still do when I travel LD. But I do still sometimes ride in rain.

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
I just keep the windshield cleaned with Pledge furniture polish and the rain just rolls off. Same with my faceshield.

I live and ride in Washington state so yes we get rain.

You can get Pledge in Lemon scent or not scented. Even the store brand works just as well.

Some have used 'Rain-X' but it leaves a hard coating and yellows.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just keep the windshield cleaned with Pledge furniture polish and the rain just rolls off. Same with my faceshield.

I live and ride in Washington state so yes we get rain.

You can get Pledge in Lemon scent or not scented. Even the store brand works just as well.

Some have used 'Rain-X' but it leaves a hard coating and yellows.
thanks for the tip I will try it

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Pledge works. Not riding in rain helps too. :rolleyes: But if it can't be avoided, I move my head slightly back and forth to concentrate on what's beyond the screen.

Reactions: mikeyMarine
1 - 7 of 7 Posts