Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am the proud owner of a 2012 burgman 650 exec so new I haven't even received the bike yet. I bought it thru a dealer in Minnesota.
eagerly awaiting shipment. I own a JCL 250 Chinese scooter now so you
know I'll have to get use to all that additional power. I will be using the scooter for commuting back and fourth to work which is about 30 miles each way. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. thanks for having me on the site look I forward to picking you experienced folks minds for knowledge on the bike and safe maintenance tips.:D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles. You bought a great bike and will soon get use to the power.

Tips... Same as with any new bike. Take it easy and learn the bike at first. Practice emergency stops and maneuvers in an empty parking lot. Make sure the oil is changed if it hasn't been. Check Tire pressure and tread too. It should be fully broken in I'd imagine. You didn't mention the mileage.

Creature comforts... Seat pad and backrest extension are firsts on my lists. Others like a bigger windshield and top box are very popular. I prefer an iPod and handlebar controller for entertainment. GPS is always handy as well. Search the BUSA database for recommendations, there are many suggestions on the subject.

There's really not many upgrades mechanically on the 650 as its a great package as is.

Personally I believe it takes six months to a year to REALLY know a bike and how it rides in any given situation. So enjoy the learning process and practice, practice, practice.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum from Tampa, Stan! I agree with everything Liam just posted and I have a recommendation to add - get heated gear. It works great and you'll doubtless find some good deals now that spring is almost upon us.

You don't have really extreme cold where you are, so a jacket liner and glove liners should be all you need.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry no real tips on riding in the DC area traffic. Becareful! I always ride as if I'm invisible to other drivers and just assume they'll pull out in front of me or cut me off.

Add a rear trunk to the Burgman to increase or "dry" storage area for the commuting, picking up groceries, etc.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome & yes the 650 has WAY more power than your ride now has. Also weights quite a bit more so I agree practice your slow turns & stops to get the feel. You are going to LOVE your new 650.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The pros know

Thanks A Whole lot for that wealth of knowledge from all you guy's
I will check every thing on the list you all gave me and I'll be as careful
as I can learning the bike. it only has 3008 miles so break in will be as I learn how to handle the extra power. again thanks and happy riding.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts