Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks!
Just bought a 2005 400 with 19,000 miles.
Love it!
44 yrs old Married for 23 years and besides a Publix employee I volunteer for Operation Cigars for Warriors.
We are a Non-Profit group that sends Cigar Care Packages to the troops in combat zones.
In the past 2 years me and my wife have boxed up and shipped over 110,000 cigars / well over 2500 Care Packages to the Troops.
If anyone would like more info...
www.cigarsforwarriors.org
www.facebook.com/groups/cigarsforwarriors
Twitter: CigarsFWarriors

Btw where would I put a Sunpass on the Burgman?

All the Best!
Robert Allan

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Hey congratulations Robert. She looks like a beauty. We actually have several members in FL. I'm sure they'll write in soon about your Sunpass. We have something similar here in Los Angeles, but hardly any motorcyclist use it as there's just not enough toll road to justify it and we can lane split on non-toll freeways.

So how long have you been riding? Did you just get the bike? If so, what was the impetus?

Nice work with the cigars! And welcome to BUSA. :D

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome from Tampa, Robert!

I don't ride anywhere the SunPass is required, so I can't help you with that one, but you're going to love that Burgman as much as I love mine. I rode as a kid and then got back into it in my early 40s, just as you did. In fact, I went without a car for 11 years until an accident forced me back into 4 wheels for a while. The weather down here is perfect for motorcycling.

I'm not certain but I believe the SunPass is RF activated rather than optically scanned. If this is the case, you can probably just stick it into one of the dashboard cubbyholes. But you won't need it at all for the best backroads in the Homosassa area!

·
Registered
363 Posts
burgman 400

Welcome to the group from the east coast of Florida. We do not ride where we need Sunpass so can not help with that. A little while back my wife and I rode our 650 to Crystal River and the next day stopped at Homossa Springs. A really neat place. We love our Publics and the employees say it is a good place to work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the group from the east coast of Florida. We do not ride where we need Sunpass so can not help with that. A little while back my wife and I rode our 650 to Crystal River and the next day stopped at Homossa Springs. A really neat place. We love our Publics and the employees say it is a good place to work.
Thanks Fulton...FYI if you ever swing by Crystal River Publix and see a Burgman, well you know.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Robert, welcome to the forum from Dunnellon. Just rode thru Crystal River today, lots of great roads in this area. I often end a good ride with a Yuengling and a good cigar. Enjoy that Burgman!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Robert, welcome to the forum from Dunnellon. Just rode thru Crystal River today, lots of great roads in this area. I often end a good ride with a Yuengling and a good cigar. Enjoy that Burgman!
Thanks! I've lived here for a few years now and probably haven't driven down some of the good roads...which ones would you suggest?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome from Tampa, Robert!

I don't ride anywhere the SunPass is required, so I can't help you with that one, but you're going to love that Burgman as much as I love mine. I rode as a kid and then got back into it in my early 40s, just as you did. In fact, I went without a car for 11 years until an accident forced me back into 4 wheels for a while. The weather down here is perfect for motorcycling.

I'm not certain but I believe the SunPass is RF activated rather than optically scanned. If this is the case, you can probably just stick it into one of the dashboard cubbyholes. But you won't need it at all for the best backroads in the Homosassa area!
Thanks Doc!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from New England home of some of the best riding in the area.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Thanks! I've lived here for a few years now and probably haven't driven down some of the good roads...which ones would you suggest?
This is easy. Get a GPS. I got a Garmin Nuvi50LM for $50 at AutoZone last year; the Ram Mount was another fifty. Turn it on and set it to know where your home is. Then go riding down every tiny little road you can find - since you simply cannot get actually "lost" with the GPS. In addition to getting you home, it'll find the nearest gas, food, atm, courthouse - pretty much anything at all. It's absolutely perfect for exploring.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is easy. Get a GPS. I got a Garmin Nuvi50LM for $50 at AutoZone last year; the Ram Mount was another fifty. Turn it on and set it to know where your home is. Then go riding down every tiny little road you can find - since you simply cannot get actually "lost" with the GPS. In addition to getting you home, it'll find the nearest gas, food, atm, courthouse - pretty much anything at all. It's absolutely perfect for exploring.
Thanks Doc.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Many good roads Northeast of Dunnellon and several roads East to Micanopy are worth ridding more than once. I've been here 3 years and am constantly finding new roads to get lost on. Yankeetown and Cedar Key via hwy 347 are scenic rides.

·
Registered
158 Posts
There are lots of nice roads to ride around Dunnellon and north towards Yankeetown, Cedar Key, Williston, or Micanopy. I'm still exploring the area myself, although I often don't have a planned route. Just ride North on Hwy 19 and turn down any road you haven't been down, you can't get lost, at least not for long. I know, I've tried.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Welcome! Nice looking ride!
Enjoy and ride safe! Also, enjoy the Burgman grin! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts