Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST BOUGHT A BURGMAN 400. LIVE IN THE ROANOKE, TX AREA.
HAS ANYONE HAD PROBLEMS WITH WIND BUFFETING ON THIS
BIKE. MAY JUST BE ME AS A NEWBE RIDER. JUST CURIOUS.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Gerry

Welcome to the forum :hello2:

We seem to be getting new members arriving at an exponential rate lately, so you are in good company.

Buffeting: If you are talking over the screen,well you have to remember these Burgers were optimized for the home market (Japan), so most of us - we are too tall and need a higher screen.

It is a common subject for discussion and there are aftermarket options.

To be honest you can do no worse than use the Search facility at the top of the screen and using the word screen - activate a search and read up. There is no solution that will suit everybody in all respects.

Look forward to your company on the best Burgman forum! :D

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Gerry. We're always happy to have Burgman riders join us. No. It's not just you. A lot of riders have issues with wind. Several 400 riers have replaced the stock shield with the Givi. Some (like me) are waiting for Clearview to release their shields for the 400. I decided to wait for the Clearview based on comments from the 650 riders. There is a lot of good information in the forums about windshields and the options available. I suggest using the Search feature at the top of the page and review some of the prior posts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NORMAN,
HI,
THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY.
I HAVE BEEN READING THE FORUM FOR THE LAST DAY OR SO
AND YOU ARE 100% RIGHT IN SAYING THAT THIER IS A WORLD
OF INFORMATION IN THE FORUM. SOFAR THE WIFE AND I LIKE
OUR BURGMAN REAL WELL. WE HAVE PUT ABOUT 350 MILES ON
IT IN THE LAST TWO WEEKENDS. MOST OF THE RIDING IS 2 UP
BUT THE WIFE HAS A LICENSE NOW AND HAS BEEN RIDING IT
ON HER OWN. WOULD YOU ARE ANY OF THE OTHER READERS
HAVE A RECOMENDATION FOR A RIDER TO PASSENGER INTERCOM.
HAVE READ ABOUT MOST ALL OF THEM FROM THE INTERNET BUT
I STILL DONT KNOW WHICH ONE WOULD REALLY WORK THE BEST.
ANYONE HAVE A GOOD SUGGESTION.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BILL,
THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY. I THINK I WILL DO LIKE YOU AND
WAIT A BIT FOR THE NEW WINDSCREEN TO COME OUT. IT MAY
JUST BE ME ANYWAY BEING NEW TO SCOOTERS AND CYCLES
AND NOT ANY FAULT OF THE BURGMAN. IT IS A GREAT LITTLE
SCOOTER THOUGH. THE WIFE AND I RIDE IT TOGETHER AND IT
PERFORMS AS GOOD AS ANYTHING YOU COULD ASK FOR.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Gerry

From what I recall, the best performing sets seem to come from 2 manufacturers Baher or Autcom - sadly neither come cheap.

Can I point out that posting in CAPS is considered bad form! :wink:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum Gerry! :wave: Glad to hear that you and the Mrs. are enjoying your new scoot. Make sure she registers on the forum so that she can give us her views on the scoot. We have quite a few Female riders who seem to seek out advice from other female riders.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Just wanted to say hello!! :wave:
I live north of Houston. I hope to be getting a Burgman sometime in the near future.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Hi Gerry,

On internet forums, all caps is usually reserved for emphasis. It is OK to put a word or two in caps to make them stand out. But entire posts in all capital letters are interpreted as "shouting" - for when you are EXTREMELY UPSET.

You probably didn't know that, so I'm just explaining the several comments members made regarding the format of your posts.

·
Registered
355 Posts
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

This is indeed the best place for information for your Burgy. In fact on days I can't ride due to weather (or in this case my 650 has to go in for it's 600 mile servie) BurgmanUSA is how I deal with my riding withdrawls. I have also gotten together with a couple different members in my area to ride, and in fact one of our members got rid of his two month old Aprilia Atlantic and bought himself a 650 after checking out my Burgman.

Ride Safe,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts