Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the new Bridgestone TH01 put on today. Here Is a picture of the old and the new.

Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
How are you guys getting that kind of mileage out of a rear tire??? Mine was showing cords at 9,500 miles.

·
Premium Member
14,228 Posts
MJR said:
How are you guys getting that kind of mileage out of a rear tire??? Mine was showing cords at 9,500 miles.
There are so many variables affecting tire mileage that it is hard to compare bike to bike. Some get 15,000+ miles out of theirs other feel good to get 5,000. I normally get around 6,500 to 7,000 except when I run Perelli Diablos. On those I only get about 5,000.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I got about 8,000 out of my last. Looked a little more flat than yours. Would have ridden a while longer but went down to the Dragon and felt it would be saver to change before hand. $183 installed. Never again. Next time I go darkside..

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Just got 7747 out of my rear also a little flatter, but with winter coming, want to make sure I have good tread

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
boy that pic brings back memories... I always hated the last 3-5k miles on the TH01-R with the big flat spot...

I used to get between 10-15k miles out of the old TH01-R, the redesigned TH01R-M did not do as well, only got 8k miles out of it.

One thing that I like about the Shinko on the back is that it doesn't flat spot like the TH01R. The shinko is only good for about 8k miles but
it also costs about 1/2 the price.

I used to run 42 psi in the back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts