Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear end of my AN650 is sagging a bit. I now need to have the suspension on the 5th setting even if I'm riding alone. Rather than fit the factory shocks, does anyone have any experience fitting alternative/after market shocks on the back? Perhaps my biggest issue riding my Burgman (which has now done over 120,000km) is that the suspension is a bit harsh. I'd like a bit longer travel if possible. Suggestions?

·
Registered
735 Posts
I love the Progressive springs and shocks I installed a few thousand miles ago, but they may be expensive for you in Oz. I went with 12-Series shocks (12-1205B) and 12-Series springs (spring rate 65/100) 03-1300B. They make a noticeable difference in the ride now that they've worn-in a little (smoother) but the suspension travel is the same.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Some 650 riders have changed to air shocks
from a Honda Goldwing.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Susp

What oh Biggles ! just get some good old British manufactured Hagon Progressive fork springs and their uprated shocks (Ask for the AA spec ones) fork springs cost about £80 and rear shocks £180. I have same on my 2007 650 and they are superb. The front end is more planted, the bike copes far better with crap roads and is comfortable and far less choppy.

Me guess you can source same in Aus if you look hard enough.

Cheers

WM

·
Registered
143 Posts
Has anyone installed shock & spring assemblies from a wing (without air ride) & how did it work out? And what year wing did you use? Mark

·
Administrator
20,096 Posts
Has anyone installed shock & spring assemblies from a wing (without air ride) & how did it work out? And what year wing did you use? Mark
I have not tried a OEM set of Goldwing shocks and springs but Progressive has aftermarket replacements and that is what I have on the rear of mine. "a set of 12-1205B shocks and 03-1367B springs from Powersports Superstore in Texas"

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the feedback.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've ordered the Progressive shocks; but I'm indecisive about the springs. I'm 275lbs.; virtually always ride solo. I'm thinking of going with the progressive 03-1367B/C springs (90/130 lbs/inch). I would apreciate your thoughts.

TIA
David W.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ordered Progressive Suspension 03-1367B 12 Series Standard Springs (95-140 psi) - Black and Progressive Suspension 12-1205B 12 Series 14.25in. Shocks last Saturday and they arrived today. I also ordered Federal Formosa FD1, 165/60R14 75H and will be moving to DarkSide based on the valuable information from this thread:
https://burgmanusa.com/forums/15-bu...rear-shocks-air-forks-my-650-executive-3.html
Now I have to decide what to do with the front suspension.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts