Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the ST1300.
It looks burgish
You'd think an automatic would make more sense - but I guess in a high speed pursuit, the ST1300 would blow away anything on 4 wheels and most anything on 2.

I would love to own an ST1300.

·
Registered
43 Posts
ST 1300

Well well lucky me, I have a Honda ST1300. Believe me when I say, the grass is always greener on the other side. What do I like to ride? 90% BURGMAN, 10% ST1300.

Yes IBKING
Joe

·
Registered
146 Posts
The cops have been using them over here in Oz for 5-10 years. The guys that ride them say they are a huge improvement over the BMW K100s they used to have.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
For decades, Harley Davidson dominated the American police bike market.

In the '70s they were surpassed in sales by Kawasaki. But no significant Honda presence.

In the '90s the BMWs began showing up, and are now the top seller in many markets.

Now that American police procurement people are familiar with the "Euro" look, maybe Honda will be able to get a foothold in the market with a bike that looks similar to the Beemer.

I think the Burgman Executive would make a fine police mount for certain types of work, but it would be a hard sell. What macho cop would want to be seen riding a scooter?!

Although...

New York City now has a few hundred scooters on the streets. Who knows, it might happen.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Very very nearly plumbed for an ST1300 and an impulse buy found me the owner of a Lardy.

Since that time I have followed the ST1300 in forum land and the opinion seems to be that is has some drawbacks in comparison to the 1100 in particular the heat it pumps into the riders legs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts