Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Side Pods

Wayne,

Was looking at some of the photos of your mods. The side pods you're crafting look like they would interfere with refueling you AN650. How are you handling that issue?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
You've been busy this winter Wayne!. How does your new Humpbag secure?

As far as the design your playing with on the side of the hard bags, I think stupid is too strong a word to describe it. I personally think its too fat through the middle. If you made it appear more like the shape of the wind wings I think it may look better. Just a suggestion.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Allen, it is just a paper cut out stuck on bag, I plan to cut some out of the center if i use it. The fuel cover had to be modified, took hinges off and have a pin on each side, one spring loaded and it just pops in place, there is room to put key in cover and take it off and add fuel, so no big deal, just took some time to something that was simple. This is what you do when you have all winter to play with burgman and check net, but Im really slow, took about 3 wks to build fender and hump bag, maby 4. When i get everything the way I want it, then i want to see it, to start all over again, hope that new model of burgman comes out soon. Some one asked how hump bag fasteneds, I have 2 pieces of wood hot glued to engin cover so it does not move, maby put a screw through front of it later onn. It will just lift off. Wayne

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hump Bag

You did a beautiful job on the hump bag. How is it secured to the scooter? Interested in making some for sale?

·
Registered
355 Posts
If you do decide to make and sell the hump bag... COUNT ME IN!!!

Nice Work all around!

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Wayne, you are a real craftsman. I think the hump bag is simply outstanding. I'd buy one in a minute! Looks like it is large enough to hold a small soft cooler. Great for lunch or light picnic for two. Do you have a flap that rotates out of the way for access to the 12v power outlet?

I especially like your fender skirt, for lack of a better term. It could be fitted with LED lights for added visibility. I've always felt that the rear of the Burgman didn't flow well and you've addressed that quite nicely. Another item I would buy.

I've lusted after Corbin's beetle bags for some time. I think you are getting close to what they have. As you probably know, their bags open at the top with lots of gasket material around the opening to keep out the water. I've often thought about how to handle the gas door. Perhaps removing the door and possibly using one of those devices that eliminates the gas cap. Has a spring-loaded opening for the nozzle similar to that used on race cars. Perhaps an engineering nightmare, but maybe a section of the top of the bag could flip up/out to gain access to the opening. The nozzle handle takes a fair amount of space when used in the traditional position. Next time I fill up, I'll see how things go with the nozzle rotated a bit. I suspect it might cause the sensor in the nozzle to think the tank is full when it isn't. An extension of the filler neck might be ambitous and require welding. Don't know if PVC piping would work or not. Lots of challenges with that, I think.

Anyway, I think you are on to some great modifications for the Burgman. I would be in line to buy your items, that is for sure!

Madonna

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Madonna, when the hump bag is in place it closes off the door to outlet , which is no good any way, cant be used with the door shut. I am going to tap into it to run my gps. Glad you like my new add ons I built. i am going to call them SI Products, now can anyone gess what SI stands for :shock: :?:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Innovations?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Interest

Sounds to me like there is an interest. Can the seat still be opened with the hump bag (bag does not seem like an accurate description) in place? Does the allum. cover latch closed? :shock:

·
Registered
8 Posts
:roll: I've ordered one of the new luxury trunks from California. Expect delivery on 22 March. I would like to get a head start on making the mounting plate, and wonder if Wayne or anyone else has a template they could share for this plate. Thanks Jugbelly ( Jerry)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Jerry. Glad to have you join us.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Bill. I've been checking the forum for quite a while and finally decided to sign up. Good information. jugbelly

1 - 20 of 20 Posts