Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my Burgman 400 1 month ago today & am having a blast on it. I took it on the freeway yesterday for the first time & it had no problem at 70mph. I've read that the speedo may be off (fast?) by about 10%. Regardless, fun fun fun.

I'm a newbie. Maybe someone here can help me. I'd like to make my headlights brighter, if possible, if it will cause no problems. Also, is there a way to make the headlights flicker like some motorcycles? I found a link about making the brake lights flash, which I'd like to do, as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bob

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Bob. Glad to have you join us. I've done a little testing and my speedo is off by appx. 6% not 10%. Others have stated their 400 is off by exactly 3 MPH. Best if you check on your own. Your feedback would be appreciated.

Other riders (not me) have replaced their headlight bulbs to increase visability. Kisan Technologies sells headlight modulators and brake light modulators that work with the Burgmans. See :

http://www.kisantech.com

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Bob and WELCOME :hello2:

Sure glad you posted your name - is awsmsrv an anagram or something :?

Stay safe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Path & Tail Blazers

Thanks for the info, Bill. Looks good. Am now checking into these products.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Bob, FYI...I bought the Kisan signal minder so that I could have automatic signal turn=off. The gadget also allows for making the running lights burn, but still flash when putting turn signal on. That works well, but the turn signal cancelation does not work well. Its too complicated to explain, but it has to do with the way the signal switch is wired.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome from across the country in SE PA! We love our 400--we got her in early May and she's got well over 2K miles on her lovely (not lardy--NormanB! :wink: ) frame.

Bryna

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Invincsum said:
Welcome from across the country in SE PA! We love our 400--we got her in early May and she's got well over 2K miles on her lovely (not lardy--NormanB! :wink: ) frame.

Bryna
Hey steady on Bryna - I'm hurt :cry:

Actually I am rather svelte like - much like my 400.

In fact my doctor says he has seen more fat on a butchers pencil! :laughing6: :tongue1:

·
Registered
320 Posts
NormanB said:
Invincsum said:

Bryna
Hey steady on Bryna - I'm hurt :cry:

Actually I am rather svelte like - much like my 400.
No need to cry, Norman. The 650 does look lardy-assed. But the 400 is svelte! :D

I'm sure you are also. (The latter not the former.) 8)

Bryna

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awsmsrv

My screen name (awsmsrv) refers to my being a tennis player, NormanB. It means "awesome serve". I have a personalized license plate on my truck that says the same. (Tell me again why they call them vanity plates.) LOL

Bob

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum

One question though....Can you still perform an awesome serve while riding your Burgman?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts