Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pickedup a new 03 650 on 01-02-04 and despite the cold weather here in Ky. I have managed to put 350 miles on it so far,looking forward to maney more fun miles

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Welcome to the board and the Burgman Owners club. :D
Also want to offer you a congrats on being the 200th member to join this group. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
kc4pbl said:
Just pickedup a new 03 650 on 01-02-04 and despite the cold weather here in Ky. I have managed to put 350 miles on it so far,looking forward to many more fun miles

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
reply to allwalk

I started riding about 1062 and stoped about 1993 becouse I didnt like what was offered at the time. That was the way it was untill I saw a Burgman on the net, then I had to see eone when I saw one I had to have one by what I have seen sofar I will realy like when I get used to it. Thanks for the welcome

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats on the new Burgman!

Would I be right in assuming you are a radio ham too? Let me know! 73 Martin G4HKS, London UK

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello Martin,

just returned from holiday and read your posting.

I too am a radio ham with DL8GAE as my call sign and my xyl is DL2GEB.
Are you very active and if so on which bands?
I don't do all that much on VHF/UHF but more so on the classic SW bands.
My FD4 for 40 + 80 is not brilliant - use a mosley xl 5 el WARC beam for the others bands.

73's de Bevan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Radio Amateur

Hi Bevan

Thanks for your reply. I am not that active at the moment despite owning one of the largest Ham Stores in the U.K. (http://www.hamradio.co.uk). When I do appear it is usually on 160/80/40. Maybe we will meet on there sometime or a long distance Burgman run! I have only had my new 650 for just over a week and I am so impressed with its concept. Once people come to grips the fact that "scooters" areen't just 125cc noise machines for local hops to the shops then I am sure Suzuki, Honda Yamaha will sell a lot more. I prefer to call it a scooterbike than just a scooter.

Martin G4HKS

·
Registered
61 Posts
My 650

Picked up my AN650 in October last year, got a demo from Bell's in Lexington, KY. I love this bike-been riding a cruiser and never knew what quick handling and acceleration were about. Took the last couple of weeks off after hitting a patch of black ice and doing a few spins-didn't down it, but sure made an impression!! Are these bikes a well kept secret, or what? I love the auto tranny, and dual hand brakes.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Re: My 650

Franklin said:
Picked up my AN650 in October last year, got a demo from Bell's in Lexington, KY. I love this bike-been riding a cruiser and never knew what quick handling and acceleration were about. Took the last couple of weeks off after hitting a patch of black ice and doing a few spins-didn't down it, but sure made an impression!! Are these bikes a well kept secret, or what? I love the auto tranny, and dual hand brakes.
Welcome aboard Franklin and kc4pbl :D

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Is this not a club? Do we not own Burgmans? Well all you friendly people make it feel like a club. I guess it's just a figure of speech.....sort of. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts