Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the 650 for 11 days now and have had a great time riding while I work (residential real estate appraiser) and for all the other "important" things in life ("do we really need a 6th gallon of milk?" the family asks). Here's how I arrived at the 650:
1) The wife and I have tired of ferrying our sons to work, so I though a 49cc scooter might do the trick
2) Ran across a friend who had a "big" Honda Helix that he said he could actually take on the freeway for a short while (max 70-73mph). I then progressed to thinking that I could get one such as this so that I might be able to take it to work once in a while also.
3) Internet research on the Helix led to finding the Honda Reflex, which looked much, shall we say, cooler.
4) While checking the ocean saw a guy parking his Reflex, went over to converse. He said he liked it, but if he was going to get one new he would get a Suzuki Burgman. I had never heard of such a thing.
5) Internet research on Suzuki Burgman 400. Just as good looking, more power for freeway spells, not too much more $$$. I'm convinced.
6) After 2 months of looking at 400's and 650's, I sit down at the dealer's table with my conscious mind telling me I'm getting the 400, which is what I've been telling the family all along.
7) Subconscious desires take over and I am offered the 650 for not too much more than a 400 OTD at another dealership. Given my business usage, the subconscious takes over and forces me to go for the 650, which I really have been wanting all along.

So there you are, I am now a happy California central coast (Ventura) owner. By the way, the Ventura-->Ojai-->around Lake Casitas-->Carpinteria-->back to Ventura along the ocean is a great ride. Hope to see more riders out there!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Hi, Seawind. Welcome to the forum.

Seawind said:
By the way, the Ventura-->Ojai-->around Lake Casitas-->Carpinteria-->back to Ventura along the ocean is a great ride. Hope to see more riders out there!
I'll have to check my map. I'm going to be heading for San Diego on the 28th, and plan to take the "scenic route" from time to time. 8)

If you see a silver 650 with Washington plates, say :hello2:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums. Always glad to have another new Burgman rider join us.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Seawind said:
I've had the 650 for 11 days now and have had a great time riding while I work (residential real estate appraiser) and for all the other "important" things in life ("do we really need a 6th gallon of milk?" the family asks). Here's how I arrived at the 650:
1) The wife and I have tired of ferrying our sons to work, so I though a 49cc scooter might do the trick
[snipped]
Hi

Welcome to Burgman ownership and the forum.

Followed your logic ( :wink: ) - so tell me how have you avoided ferrying your sons to work?

Regards

·
Registered
355 Posts
I bid you welcome to the best forum on the net, or web or whatever. Ride Safe!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My sons get to take the car I was using, or if I'm not working they prefer I take them on the back of the Burg. This gives me an excuse to ride, though I often get "lost" on the way home, have to end up at the ocean to get my bearings again.... :wink:

Seawind
2004 Burgman650 Black

·
Registered
822 Posts
Seawind said:
So there you are, I am now a happy California central coast (Ventura) owner. By the way, the Ventura-->Ojai-->around Lake Casitas-->Carpinteria-->back to Ventura along the ocean is a great ride. Hope to see more riders out there!

- Chuck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts