Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from ATL! I just bought the silver 400 last week and just wanted to thank the administrators and members for posting on this site. The information here is invaluable. I live and work in downtown ATL, not to mention part-time MBA classes. While I can walk to all of that, a busy wife and 1 car, left me stranded most weekends for destinations out of walking distance. Public trans. here is poor too, but another car would've sat 90% of the time and vesus the cost, just didn't make sense.

I had narrowed my choices for a scooter down to the Reflex and the Burgman. Traffic moves (very) fast down here - even on the surface streets, so anything smaller would've been in the way. Our interstates are something else altogether . . . will be a looooong time riding before I even attempt that. But anything that can't very comfortably hold 70mph, really shouldn't be out there anyway.

Having tested both bikes, I was very impressed with the Burgman's power and stability. In regular traffic around town, even with alot of wind, she's handling great and just addictively fun.

A confession . . . I find myself making excuses to go down to the garage to look at her. I tell you, trash has never gotten taken out so much in my house . . . I guess that will change with time (on both accounts!).

Thanks again and I look forward to chatting with everyone in the future!

Ron B.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Ron. Glad to have you join us. Congratulations on the new Burgman 400. You'll find that when you're ready, the 400 will hold it's on even on the Interstate.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Right on, Ron. Any excuse to ride is fine - but ride protected.

Steve

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Welcome to the forums Ron. Yep, the garage is my favorite room of the house also. I have a wooden wardrobe down there that I keep my riding gear in too. Congrats on the new scooter!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Welcome, Ron!

I've visited Altanta more then a few times (when the IWF show is in town) and know exactly what you mean about the traffic. I thought the subway was pretty decent, but then that's only one part of the public transportation system.

The 400 will be perfect for that city. I almost wish I lived in a large city just so I'd have to go farther each time I'm on my 650.

Great to have you here!

Dave B.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
O.
MY.
GOD!

- The LOVE BOAT THEME music just attacked!!!!

"...'exciting annnnd neewwww, bla bla bla, we're expecting yooooou!"

OUCH!!

:twisted:

:lol: :lol: :D :D :shock:

Welcome Ron!

composed by someone and sung by larry the lounge lizard.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Hope to see ya'll in ATL some day! 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts