Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
I just put a clearview windscreen on my 650, what a difference. Now I'm not getting any cold air on my hands. I'm 5'7", 31 " inseam. Craig suggested a large for me when I told him I wanted to "look through" the screen. Its perfect for me. I'm looking through it, without any trouble. I'm very happy with it. I did order it with the air vent. Its been too cold here for me to need it, but I'm sure when (and if) the warm weather ever gets here, I'll be glad I have it.
for whats its worth, the clearview doesn't flex as much as the Givi screen does. Granted the Givi screen does give a bit more protection to the hands, but I'm finding the clearview does a great job. The major plus of why I bought a clearview over a givi, less flexing, and I got the vent with the clearview. Can't get that on a givi.
This, along with my VIP trunk, I'm really starting to look like a mini Goldwing.. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
wilder days said:
...This, along with my VIP trunk, I'm really starting to look like a mini Goldwing.. :lol: :lol:
Shouldn't that be "starting to look like a mini Cavalcade"? :wink:

Hey, there's a thought. Since Honda chose to resurrect the name of one of their touring bikes and apply it to a scooter (much to the chagrin of original Silverwing fans), maybe Suzuki should introduce an AN650 with all the bells and whistles, top box, etc. and call it a Cavalcade.

Or not. :lol:

·
Registered
61 Posts
GIVI

I got the GIVI windscreen. No complaints and it's a huge improvement over stock. Never rode with the clearview, so I can't compare. I'm sure both are just fine.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Brian,
You are correct, I should have said a Cavalcade.
maybe I'll make a sign for the back saying..."when I grow up, i'm gonna be a cavalcade"
:lol:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
It's too bad the Cavalcade only lasted four years. I think it was a great bike, equal to or better than the Goldwing of the same era.

But Honda had such a dominance on the market that Suzuki couldn't compete. And I think calling it a Cavalcade was a huge mistake, because people then assummed it was just an Aspencade wannabe. (Or was it the other way around?)

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
And despite it being a great machine, the name 'Burgman' is a detriment to Suzuki's excellent scooters, too.

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
Name schmame. Until you get ta ownin' one Dean. Then you'll switch modes, most skosh, post inclusion.

In reality the name thing doesn't matter because the footprint of it overrides the hardly discernable lame name thing (uh - only on the fast ones because nothing shows on them - including badges or stickers... :wink: , every thing is the same shade of fast.)

Peace out yo.

"Moonpie-pedz."

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Pete said:
Until you get ta ownin' one Dean.
Can't do that yet. I'm workin' on breakin' Rick's record for most pre-Burgman-ownership posts! :wink: It's the "I don't know what the heck I"m talkin' about" record.

Just kidding. I've got one dealer down to $7600 OTD on an '05 650. Still got one more dealer to hit before layin' down the cash.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I too went with the Laminar Lip and at 6'0 30" inseam no problems, I much better ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I want to let you people know that I removed my Laminar Lip the other day to see if it truly made a difference. And, to my surprise I found that the wind noise without the lip was significantly reduced especially the low frequency "boom" noises that I hated so much (cruising between 80 and 100 km/h). For reasons, the lip created more turbulence for me. Maybe I had not installed properly -- I don't really know. But, all I know is that I enjoy the swirling wind around my full-face helmut much better thatn with the Laminar.

Now, I do believe however that different size windshield or the Laminar Lip will work differently for different people. Some will find it more enjoyable. I am lucky to find the factory shield just perfect for my needs. I think you have experiment a little to know if it will truly help.

:)

BTW, I just want to say I love my Burgman. I already put 1800 kms in about four weeks of driving. It is truly a fine piece of engineering .. the wave of the future I think.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
On a another forum I belong to the "lip" got just about the same mixed reviews. :(
But I think it comes down to
1 - expect to spend some money
2 - work at it a while
3 - get lucky
BUT, when you hit it right , it makes all the work worthwhile :)

Now if I could just get a Corbin seat (hint to a certain moderator) :)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts