Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased my 650 with 22750 miles. Anyone have opinion on value of using mobil one synthetic oil at 24,000 mile service? Any other tips would be appreciated. Love the 650 & have put on 700 miles since purchase. Thanks in advance Stan: PS my 650 is a 2008 model

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
No problem with using it that I can see. Only thing is to get Mobil 1 Motorcycle Oil instead of regular Mobil 1 auto oil. Mobil says that the regular Mobil 1 is not safe for wet clutches like the 650 has.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Craig- Thanks for reply. Wasn't thinking about the fact there was a motorcycle Mobil 1. Need to start thinking in terms of a bike. I don't have an AKA yet but thanks Stan

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just bought a 2006 and I thought the engine had it's own oil supply and the transmission had it's own. I was thinking of using synthetic for my engine and 10w40 dino for the transmission (because of the wet clutch thing mentioned before). I also heard that the CVT belt runs dry so the oil doesn't have an effect on that area.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Big thing today on making sure your oil is JASO MA rated for wet clutches. When I bought my first 650 in 2003 you could run regular automotive oil but in the years since those oils have be reformulated with additives that are bad for wet clutches so one has to make sure they use the proper oil.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
I just bought a 2006 and I thought the engine had it's own oil supply and the transmission had it's own. I was thinking of using synthetic for my engine and 10w40 dino for the transmission (because of the wet clutch thing mentioned before). I also heard that the CVT belt runs dry so the oil doesn't have an effect on that area.
The clutch shares oil with the engine not the transmission so make sure the synthetic you put in the engine is OK for the wet clutch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts