Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one had such a problem like this? It's idling like butter but when any one sit on the passenger seat the engine stalls, I'm quite sure it's an electric problem.
can't fix it until the end of Ramadan, so if someone can light me with his knowledge, he will make things easier on me.
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hussein, I suspect that your guess about the problem is right. This is going to require some looking on your part because it probably is electrical/mechanical. The electrical part is some wire or wire bundle is getting mashed or displaced by the mechanical part, the weight of the person sitting on the pillion part of your seat. I had something like this happen on a bike I had some years ago. Took me several weeks of looking before I figured out what was causing it. In my case, it was an easy fix once I had figured out what was going on.

Good luck,
Doug

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Does it stall as the person mounts?

I would look closely in the area of the kickstand to make sure something isn't jostling it out of position when the suspension takes up the additional weight. Otherwise, I would look under the seat box area for wires that are tight/stretched that may become more so when the suspension takes up...

It's got to be one of the interlocks associated with the scooter running (side stand, rear brake, kill sw.) The only one that seems to be in the vicinity is the side stand. The others might be stretched or strained when the passenger gets on.

Tell the passenger to keep their feet off of the side stand :)

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Doug and Chatman for your replies.
The stall is related to the rear suspension/swing-arm movement, so the side stand is not responsible for this, just pushing the side grips down will make it happen or hitting a hard bump on the road as well.
I suspect the main ground wire on the starter motor or the spark plug coil have some looseness on their connectors.
I may start working on it tonight, not sure yet.
Any other hints are appreciated, they always help on making things easier.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Your thought about the movement of the suspension is likely doing something to wiring (rubbed insulation off or stretching a connection).

The suspension and part movement on these scooters is strange. A guy asked me once if the muffler bolts were tight - ever notice how all that moves up and down vs being steady on most MCs.

Good luck on finding it.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found it, it was the ignition coil plugs, i removed the coil and cleaned the contacting surfaces and tightened them.
the job was finished in 3 hours, the hardest part was the tiny work space that forced me to remove a cooling hose and then bleeding the system and of course adding some anti freeze to the radiator

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Not the easiest machines to repair :( SO much plastic to remove.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts