Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like my 09 Burgman very much. Did not like the original seat. I went after market and bought a Russel Day Long replacement seat and like it very much. I have thought about getting a newer scoot with ABS. As of my last search, my Russel Day Long is not compatible with the newer Burgman scooters. WHY? I am very much wanting to upgrade but I am not willing to change scooters without my Russel Day long. Any thought how I can have my ABS and RDL too.

·
Registered
753 Posts
To me, if it meant giving up my RDL to get a new scoot I would have to think long and hard about it. Ever since I put one on my own 650 Burg several months ago it went from being a 100 mile and gotta get off right now rig to a what are you guys stopping for rig. The "Day-Long" is aptly named, isn't it?

I suppose that you could put your current RDL on Ebay and sell it (that's were I found mine) and then used some of the funds to put towards a new RDL for you latest bike. Of course, you need to have a stock seat to put back on your Burg too though.

Hard choice. If I could get a really good deal on a newer one, where the money that I saved could go to a new RDL then I might just have to do it. Other that that......eh, I don't know. I'm quite attached to my butt and keeping it happy sure makes it easy for a long ride to be a long and pleasurable ride.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I think I would buy a 2009 or newer Executive prior to 13 and it would fit. You could take the old seat and put in on yours so you can sell it. It will also save you a ton of money.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
My 2009 Exe. has ABS, that & the adjustable windshield is why I bought it ;)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Yeah my 2009 has ABS and I have a Daylong - I also snagged a used one for my Wee.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Like my 09 Burgman very much. Did not like the original seat. I went after market and bought a Russel Day Long replacement seat and like it very much. I have thought about getting a newer scoot with ABS. As of my last search, my Russel Day Long is not compatible with the newer Burgman scooters. WHY? I am very much wanting to upgrade but I am not willing to change scooters without my Russel Day long. Any thought how I can have my ABS and RDL too.
First dibs on the Day-Long if you sell it .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Russell are 15% off until Nov 16 on their website.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
For a price, it could be transferred to the new 2013 seat. Not saying I want to take on that task, but it can be done. I have seen the guts of the day-long to understand their process. The seating part that they insert can be changed to a different bike, or on theory it can be. However, the 2013 pan is a bit narrower and that is where the issue lies. You might end up spending another $1k getting it switched over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts