Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh! I hate the stock mirrors on my Burg. I just can't get them into the right position and when I think I am close they vibrate loose. So I am going to replace them but with what? Anybody have any suggestions. I don't want to spend a fortune for billet mirrors and would like something that looks like it could be stock.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The mirrors should not be vibraing loose. Check that ALL the nuts are tight. Sometimes it feels like the top one is loose when in actuality it is the bottom one. Or vice versa.

Although ugly, the mirrors on the 400 are quite functional. Sometimes you need to tighten the nuts when the mirror is out of position, then move them back into position, thightening them more. I keep the wretch that tightens the mirror bolts handy in the side box.

This mirror / nut system has been in use since the 70s. It's not pretty, but it does work.

Just a suggestion...

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
You Can Check Ebay, I found some that Looks a little Like The Stock ones Except there OVAL Shape. Much better Looking. And Bigger then Stock, You Only Need to find a Good Brand, Taiwan, is better Quality then China, you don't want them to Cheap. Now the Stock Ones are very strong i dropped my Ride a few times Right on them. Stock There pretty good Impact.... Strength ....

Elliott,

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I bought mirrors from someone that had a '06 S model, first thing I noticed was that the "new" posts were about half the length of my '05 stock posts. Maybe you just need a couple of stock posts. I do not have any vision problems with the mirrors since I used the stock posts because they were longer. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought mirrors from someone that had a '06 S model, first thing I noticed was that the "new" posts were about half the length of my '05 stock posts. Maybe you just need a couple of stock posts. I do not have any vision problems with the mirrors since I used the stock posts because they were longer. Just my $.02.
They are short! They are at least 3 inches shorter than the ones on my Yamaha Zuma. That is one reason I don't like them as I see my elbows nicely but not as much as the road as I would like.

I am going to change them, I don't care for the style anyway. To me they look like they belong on a classic or at least a retro. I am also thinking about getting rid of the chrome handlebar for the same reason.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
What I've been thinking of doing is mounting small day/night back up cameras into the plastic and using monitors as mirrors. Don't mean to hijack the thread, but what do you think?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I prefer simple and inexpensive mirrors. I did readjust and tighten them as tight as I could. They are usable now and seem to be holding. I am still going to replace because they are just so low and half the image is my reflection and not the road behind me.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Do like the British Modder's do and put hundreds of mirrors on your scoot.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts