Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I'm new here. My current scoot is a 2010 Honda Sh150i. I'm planning to test-drive an '08 Burgman 400 soon and have come to learn more about this popular bike.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Welcome, Eggman...coo coo che coo.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Scooter_Maniac only old time geezers like me get that!!!! :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The 400 will be a lot more useful to you than the 150. I've ridden to 35 years, 7 of which were on the 400 exclusively. It will do most anything you ask of it.

I really did not even think I needed any other bike until a good-deal Burgman 650 came up for sale six months ago. But I keep and still ride the 400 almost daily.

Good luck on the deal. And welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I went from a Honda Reflex (250cc) to an '08 Burgman 400 and glad I did. You will appreciate its greater power and additional weight on the windy days. Good luck and I think you will find this forum very informative.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
You cannot really compare those two, and the test drive is a smart decision therefore. Just make sure to get acquainted with the size and weight distribution before you move, and try various positions i.e. cruiser, regular scooter style etc. while on the move.

Remember not to show the grin to the dealer after the move, as it may affect the price :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Will miss your posting over on shcooters, but if you are looking to do highway miles the 400 will be better than the SH. But the SH is still more fun around town as I sold the Burgy for a bigger bike to take long trips, but kept the SH for in town riding.

Now someday I could see myself back on a Burgman, but it would be a 2013 or newer 650.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yup, as I mentioned, the 400 is not the "ideal" anything bike, but its a great "everything" bike.

It's not the best around-town bike, nor the perfect tourer. Can't keep up with the big boys in the turns, lacks a bit of weight for the highway and mileage is less than the Honda NC700.

However, if there is one bike that can do all of these things very well, its the 400. It's a compromise bike to be sure. But it excels in its usefulness. If you can only have one bike... This is the one.

On a side note... Just noticed this was my 1,000th post. Do I get a cake or something? :D

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
It's not the best around-town bike.
No, and not around-village either. But it's prob best around-city bike.

Help yourself to the cake! :D

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
For anyone that may be wondering, check out the song The Walrus, by the Beatles.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
You've got to admit that this group does skew a bit towards the geezer demographic! ;)

Glad to have you here, Eggman - you're going to love that new scoot!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
You've got to admit that this group does skew a bit towards the geezer demographic! ;)

Glad to have you here, Eggman - you're going to love that new scoot!
Well... I was going to object until I realized I am a geezer too. I guess the group does skew to us geezers. I think it is for most of us by the time we figure out that we want/need a Burgman we are geezers. Oh well...

As he totters off into the sunset...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts