Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Narvon, a little village in SE Pennsylvania and ride a 2003 Suzuki Burgman AN650. Been a Harley rider most of my life but, I have to admit this Burgman 650 is the finest machine I have ever owned. Over 13000 miles without the most minor problem. Am 73 yrs. old and a defective hip only allows me to ride an automatic shift bike---had to give up the Harley.

650Scoot

·
Registered
350 Posts
Welcome 650scoot. Glad to have ya in BUSA. I'm sure it was hard giving up the Harley but glad you enjoy the Burgie. I gave up shifting motorcycles because of arthritis in my wrists, hands and ankles. Since I got my 650, I've never looked back.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Welcome! :D
I keep teasing a co-worker who calls me 'rice burner' all the time about going out riding with him and he responds with, "Only if it's after dark".
Any kind words I can convey to a harley rider to convince him we aren't the apocalypse? LOL

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi 650Scoot

Welcome to the forum :hello2: and glad to hear you are enjoying the Lardy.

How come it took you so long to find us?

I do not wish to make light of your troubled hip - but it gave me an idea that would be real neat factored into an advertisement - 'All those years and now a gammy hip has helped me discover the real grin to be had on a maxi-scoot - All those wasted years spending dollars on a Hardley, all those years a polishin' and a wrenchin' -.........................................now if only! :wink: :)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad you had options and didnt have to give up riding.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buzz said:
Welcome 650scoot. Glad to have ya in BUSA. I'm sure it was hard giving up the Harley but glad you enjoy the Burgie. I gave up shifting motorcycles because of arthritis in my wrists, hands and ankles. Since I got my 650, I've never looked back.

Glad to hear from you Buzz. Retired Viet Vet, I admire you guys! I am a Korean War vet myself. Too bad you live so far away or we would burn some road together.

Will (659Scoot)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Selias said:
Welcome! :D
I keep teasing a co-worker who calls me 'rice burner' all the time about going out riding with him and he responds with, "Only if it's after dark".
Any kind words I can convey to a harley rider to convince him we aren't the apocalypse? LOL
Thanks for the welcome, Stu RIDE SAFE

Will (650Scoot)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome! where is Narvon? I'm a lifelong resident of SE PA (DELCO) and haven't had the pleasure of seeing Narvon.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fjo19078 said:
Welcome! where is Narvon? I'm a lifelong resident of SE PA (DELCO) and haven't had the pleasure of seeing Narvon.
Narvon is a small village just off of RT322 between Honey Brook and Blue Ball. You can find it on the map if you look carefully. Thanks for the welcome, I have received several. Really glad that I discovered this site. Quite by accident. Already have gained very valuable information.

Will (650Scoot)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome 650scoot,
I'm also at the 70's mark, with a bad hip. My 650 is perfect. Have been able to make a couple of trips (one over 580 miles) with complete comfort. The wide seat and the ability to shift my feet forward and backward makes all the difference. Have fun.
Canon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts