Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I am still waiting for the money fairy to ride by my house. :angel12: I have been looking at owning a touring bike for awhile. I had a Suzuki Cavalcade 1400 fall into my driveway but it's way too big and clumsy for my needs. I love scooters. Always have. I have 2 84 Honda Aeros, an 86 Spree, 2 78 Puch Maxis and a 78 Honda Express. But 49ccs are just not made for speeds and comfort. (My neice's and nephew's are getting scooters for their 15th birthdays) Anyway I have been looking at the Burgman for awhile. I've looked at the Silverwing and the Reflex for a bit but I thought that they were overpriced and I really don't like Honda Red. Crown Royal Purple would be a nice color. Anyway... my new job will eventually allow me to afford the Burgman. (who came up with that name anyway?) Something exciting would be more appropriate. I found the website during my research and am pleased with all the info I've found. Does anyone else live in the Topeka Kansas area?

·
Registered
194 Posts
welcome

Hi and welcome to the forum,

The burgman is one of the most comfortable bikes around and easy to drive :) ..........Guess what forum???? I finally found others in NH to ride with , you will too Kansas, KEEP looking and posting , Good luck with the new job and getting a burgman ,Diana

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Depecheduran
Do a search for the name Burgman there are some threads here that try to explain were the name came from
"O" by the way when the money fairy leaves send him/her down here. :lol:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Welcome to BugmanUSA. I don't much care for the name either, but I do enjoy the scooter. Seems to be a Suzuki curse. Burgman, V-Strom, Hayabusa - all dumb names. They used to do better at times. I had an eighties Suzuki 650 twin that they named the "Tempter". Their recent little 650 single was the "Savage". If you ask me, they should have re-used the "Tempter" name for the new scooters! (Honda re-used the Silverwing name from their motorcycle line.)

Anyway, get one when you can. A name is only a name, but the scooters are a blast to ride.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good luck on getting your new Burgman. With all those machines you listed , maybe the money fairy noticed you have no more garage space. Give the 15 yr olds there presents early and make room for the Burgman. :wink: .

And no I'm not either your niece or nephew logged on using an alias......promise.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Welcome to Burgman USA and good luck on purchasing a Burgy.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome! Guess you love the 80s music? :wink: It's easy to fall in love with the Burgies, despite their odd name. Sort of like falling for a beautiful woman named "Agatha" or a gorgeous guy named "Adolf"--you get past the name pretty easily. :)

Diana, how cool you found other riders! Been riding yet?

Happy and safe riding,

Bryna

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey,

Look around for a new 2003 (getting hard to find, but still available). I bought a new 03 in San Diego for $7375, out the door. I also found a slightly used 03 (5k miles) for $6k, out the door, from a dealer in Escondido (CA). Don't be afraid to buy from a non-local dealer. S & H anywhere in the cotinental US is approx $700. So if the price is right, it might make sense!

Regards, Jay Jacobson

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi Bryna,

Hi Bryna!!!
Went on a great ride today with my new friends,they are very nice, and we had a wonderful day....I'm beat right now, but have to answer all the responses I have been getting about people that want to ride!! It's great! ........Hope you had a nice day as well, Diana

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks For the Welcomes.

I am very Thankful for all the welcomes and the advice. My new job starts this morning. I've been a night-shifter for 6 years and have to get back into the daylight. 6:45am start time is not very appealing. So my sleep patterns are all messed up. :sleepy1: Anyway... The money will afford me my prize of the Burgman. Now I've heard that there is a chain drive model and a shaft drive model. Can anyone clear up which years and models they are?

Taylor

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Re: Thanks For the Welcomes.

Depecheduran said:
The money will afford me my prize of the Burgman. Now I've heard that there is a chain drive model and a shaft drive model. Can anyone clear up which years and models they are?

Taylor
You've heard wrong. None of the Burgmans are chain or shaft driven. And yes, Suzuki persists in listing the AN650 as a "shaft drive" on their website, which is not correct. The 400 and 650 are a bit different in layout, but they are gear final drive. No chains. No shaft.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Re: Thanks For the Welcomes.

pauljo said:
...Suzuki persists in listing the AN650 as a "shaft drive" on their website, which is not correct...
The Suzuki Web site has some nice pictures, generally good information, etc., but -- yep -- they list the 400s and the '04 650 as shaft driven.

But they list the '03 650 as gear driven. Not only are they wrong 75% of the time, but they're not even consistant! :x

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/AN650K3/Specs/Default.aspx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oops!!!!

Thanks for clearing that up. I like that even better. I'm learning more everytime I log in. You would thing that Suzuki would know their own specs. :oops:

Good News on the new job though. I am now a union member and my first week has been great. I am on my way to getting my funds together. My Burgman will be here in the very near future. I want a purple one. But since they don't make purple, I'll settle for silver and have a stripe kit made in purple. :laughing8:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Re: Oops!!!!

Depecheduran said:
...I want a purple one. But since they don't make purple, I'll settle for silver and have a stripe kit made in purple. :laughing8:
You want purple? Get purple.

The nice thing about the Burgmans is that the amount of colored bodywork is actually relatively small (take away the seat area, engine hump, dash, etc.) and so isn't too big a job to redo.

See the thread here about a cool new color (and a link to nice photographs):
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1860

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Yellow. I need to do mine in Yellow. But I went and had my seat re-upholstered in blue and grey. What was I thinking? :roll:

The blue looks good too, so I guess I'll wait until it actually needs re-painting. Then I'll HAVE to buy a Corbin seat at the same time... I need to trip over a stack of $100 bills lying on the sidewalk... Or go back to work - but that would interfere with my riding time...

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
pauljo said:
Yellow. I need to do mine in Yellow. But I went and had my seat re-upholstered in blue and grey. What was I thinking? :roll:
Hey Paul, blue and yellow go great together. Look at the Blue Angels' aircraft.

And grey goes with everything. Or so my fashion conscious friends tell me.

Short of falling over a stack of greenbacks, maybe a few cans of yellow spray paint could lift your spirits. 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts