Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
After lurking on this brilliant site for some considerable time have finally registered (Hello NormanB) Have owned K4 650 since Jan 05(from new) have completed 7500 miles.

Just returned from a 2000 mile round trip to Italy travelling across France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany and the Austrian Tyrol to our final destination of Cortina in the beautiful Italian Dolomites.

Travelling with my partner Gail as pillion and loaded with small suitcase under the seat! Suzuki Topcase, small scooterbag in front well and each carrying small rucksacks with enough gear for a weeks long holiday once we got there.

Travelling at 80 mph on motorways and 90mph on German autobahns when conditions allowed the 650 coped in a most understressed fashion never missing a heartbeat there and back!!! Sailing by Goldwings and Custom bikes en-route, all other types of bikes either spent more time in lay-bys or were on trailers.

We had probelms interpreting our RAC routeplan in Germany/Austria but made up the 4hours lost on the return leg.

The AN650 is definitely a Pan European Tourer much better than my previous BMW R1100RS (well done Suzuki)

The only improvements I can recommend would be 16 inch front wheel 15 inch rear wheel aka the latest T_Max or slightly higher profile tyres that would enhance the ride quality. And pillion footpegs like the Silverwing.

Regards to all for now.
Gary
p.s. Have previously owned Piaggio x9 500 and Honda Silverwing.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Welcome Gary !

Wow! - What a wonderful ride that must have been. I am envious for sure!

How did you go across the channel? Thru the chunnel? What's that all about - is it fun? does it take long? is it expensive?

Really neat first post - it brought back childhood memories of all those beautiful places.

Regards,
Pete

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Gary

Its about time you de-lurked! Still you have been rather busy piling on the miles and smiles! :D

I reported our meeting here.

Chuffed to bits you have joined this excellent forum.

See you around.
:) :) :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
newbie first response

Pete,
Well we cruised across the channel by ferry which cost us £90 return, the crossing taking 75 mins approx, glad the post gave you a twinge!

Norm,
Saw yr post yesterday which embarrassed me into registering.
Hopefully will get out for a ride tomorrow, after cleaning the Burger!

Thanks all for the welcome.

Gary

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Gary and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you decided to stop lurking and join the forum. Sounds like you had a fantastic trip. I'm looking forward to more of your posts.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Gary (and Keith)

I am havin a run up to Stockbridge tomorrow (nr Basingstoke) - pub lunch(well liquid lunch anyway :wink: ) and meet up with Blez - fancy a run out?

Leave at a civilised hour.

PM me

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hello Norman and Gary

MRU tomorrow (Stockbridge) :( but thanks for the thought, Norman.
(BTW, nice GPS fitment.)

Welcome, Gary

Have we met :shock: ? I owned a couple of X9 500s (X9 Club member) and a SWing before seeing the light and acquiring my 650.

And I live in Denmead. :thumbright: (For our USA cousins, Denmead is just 1 mile from Waterlooville).

It really is a small world!

See you on the road.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
greetings

Allwalk,
Cheers matey and may good riding be your pleasure.

Keith,
Hi, don't believe have met, but have seen you post on Silverwing site some time back. (feel like I'm living in Burgerville)

Norm,
What the hell, lets burn rubber, looking at the photos in yr gallery you must live just off Catherington lane, I walk past that way quite often to & from the stables with Gail (small world) see you at 1115 ish :shock:

Regards to all
Gary

·
Registered
250 Posts
Gary

Is your Burger a Rob Wilsher machine with chrome exhaust cover? If so, I think I saw it parked up on the Waterlooville pedestrian area (near the bank) a couple of weeks ago.

They're still rare enough to attract my attention.

:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keith,
yes it was probably me at Waterlooville, rode with Norm today 75 miles all round blue skies and smiles, although I was suffering from a late night barbecue washed down with several gallons of Beer :drunken:

Alburg,
I did take some photos but being the IT Pygmy I am, not of the Digital variety. The AN 650 is a superb Tourer I would just get out there. In the States you have so much choice in what culture, climate and geographical diversity you can head for. For instance San Antonio Tx ( Tex-Mexican food/Alamo/cosmopolitan riverwalk) to Lafayette Lo (Creole food/Cajun music/French influence) what about the Rockies and so on, it's on yr back doorstep, go for it. 8)
Regards
Gary

1 - 11 of 11 Posts